Worlds Forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Before we get all riled up again, here's Shang Chunsong in 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfb9gqvnMNw

-- Signed, the owner and operator of a child who looks one heck of a lot younger than she really is

I think that in 20 years, I'll still be talking about having seen Simone at nationals in 2014. I agree -- she takes the sport to an entirely different level. But Kyla also wins my heart for toughing it out for the team.

I know...it's crazy how high she gets and how much space and energy she has to spare at the end of a pass. Rather mind-boggling.

The power is amazing, but the passes are also just so beautiful. That double layout with the half just takes my breath away, not only because it's so powerful but because it just floats up there.

But I do have to say -- everyone should drop everything they are doing and go find Kohei Uchimura's floor routine from the AA competition. He stuck every single pass.

I feel so privileged to have become a gym fan at a time when both of these exceptional athletes are competing.

I had to search for Kohei's routines. He is amazing!! I'm still picking my jaw off the floor. I thought the girls were amazing, too. I hope they stay healthy for two more years. 2016 Olympics is going to be ridiculous!!

I just watched Simone from qualifying. she does not do a front tumbling pass. I found that rather interesting. The ones she does do are amazing.

Can't wait to watch it. The whole competition has been a joy. Loved the men's, especially Jake Dalton ' s power fists!!

Amazing performances this year from so many experienced veterans. Venessa Ferrari is still the 6th best AA gymnast in the world EIGHT YEARS after winning her AA title! Amazing! And how about Jessica Lopez continuing to upgrade, hitting her peak(8th AA) at 28 years old? The top 6 AA exactly the same 6 gymnasts as last year, hope they all are able to continue at this level at least another 2 years!

On the women's side, it's the era of Simone.

On the men's, it's the era of Kohei.

This is not a typical time in our sport -- these are two of the best gymnasts who have ever lived, and they happen to be competing at the same time.

Exciting, isn't it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back