WAG Wow haha blowing your minds

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
(i've been posting wayy too much and i apologize lol)

but for most gyms this is scores...

GOOD:
Vault- 9.5
Bars- 9.6
Beam- 9.6
Floor- 9.7

BAD:
Vault- 9.0
Bars- 8.95
Beam- 9.1
Floor- 9.25

at my gym this is scores...

GOOD:
Vault- 9.0
Bars- 8.0
Beam- 9.0
Floor- 9.1

BAD:
Vault- 7.0
Bars- 4.5
Beam- 8.0
Floor- 7.5

lol makes us sound like bad gymnasts

you've obviously never been judged by MA judges.... :p
we see one or two kids get the "good" scores in your first category but it's mostly the "bad" scores with our tough judges and that's considered good. lol.
my dd got a 8.95 on her last beam routine and it was loads better than her previous routine which was all bobbles and windmill arms and she got an 8.9 on that one! however, the 8.95 was one of our toughest judges and she got 4th place with that score. :rolleyes:

We took our kids out of province a few weekends ago, and they all scored at least 2 points higher AA, with routines that honestly weren't really any better. 1 kid scoring between 6.8-7.4 on vault all year, scored a 9.3! And no, there was no miracle overnight, watching the vault, I didn't even think she'd get a 7

lol why you guys don't know is that we compete aga which is a WAY harder scoring system
It isn't really necessarily the scoring that is harder... It is the skill level of the different levels that is harder. There are some skills that are B skills in JO that are only A skills in AGA and some C skills that are only Bs... and even some skills that get credited differently depending on the level you are competing.

It isn't really necessarily the scoring that is harder... It is the skill level of the different levels that is harder. There are some skills that are B skills in JO that are only A skills in AGA and some C skills that are only Bs... and even some skills that get credited differently depending on the level you are competing.

it actually is a harder scoring system. Sure the difficulty skills are different and we have SO many more requirements. And if you hit a new score you move up to whatever your score says. I'm a senior 9 and need a 32 to move to senior 10. But also the bars is so difficult for everyone because let's say this-- for senior 7 you need these requirements in your bar routine : handstand, HtL release, same bar release, one C, 4 Bs, and 2 As. Dismount has to be a B. But however... say on floor all we need is a layout and a front through or whip through. You hit 9 on floor and 5 on bars basically [emoji23][emoji23]

It's not really possible to compare whether USAG JO is harder than AGA or not (or any other gymnastics system). Apples and oranges. Just like it's hard to compare whether a gym does well or poorly at meets based on scores that you see online.

The rules about what elements are what are different in different leagues...e.g. you need a B dismount apparently for Senior 7 but according to the AGA judge's manual, a layout flyaway counts as a B (http://www.aga-tx.org/pdfs/AGAJudgesManual2017.pdf). Whereas in USAG Level 7 bars you only need an A dismount, but any non-twisting single flyaway is an A. So which one is harder? It's difficult to say. The rules for deductions may also be different - as well as the norms for how picky judges are about routines. For example, where I'm from basically everyone gets 9.00 or above in Xcel, but where I live now the Xcel scoring is similar to JO.

The thing that does seem to be true about AGA is that they require a high number of elements (and hence stamina) even at the lower levels. Also because you automatically move levels it isn't possible to stay at a level until you feel confident or anything like that. Which I guess means if you're scoring really high on a certain event or two, it could bump you into the next level where you won't do well on other events. I'm not really familiar with AGA so not speaking from personal experience.

it actually is a harder scoring system. Sure the difficulty skills are different and we have SO many more requirements. And if you hit a new score you move up to whatever your score says. I'm a senior 9 and need a 32 to move to senior 10. But also the bars is so difficult for everyone because let's say this-- for senior 7 you need these requirements in your bar routine : handstand, HtL release, same bar release, one C, 4 Bs, and 2 As. Dismount has to be a B. But however... say on floor all we need is a layout and a front through or whip through. You hit 9 on floor and 5 on bars basically [emoji23][emoji23]
That was what I was talking about... The scoring (deductions taken) aren't necessarily harder. It is more like you have a lower start value because you may be missing difficulty.
It is like high school gymnastics in my state where everyone is judged based on Level 8 rules, but with high school bonus. We have girls on the high school team that never competed above Xcel Gold to girls that have competed Level 8 and even a Level 10. They are all judged on the same requirements and 6s and 7s are very common and 4s and 5s are not unheard of.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back