Parents Wrist injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sjm2b3

Proud Parent
I did do a search, but I also decided to start a new thread to ask for any insights regarding gymnast wrist. You can PM me or respond here. My daughter just got an X-ray this week and the results show widening at the growth place of the distal radius, and possibly a fracture. She’s going to get a CT scan.

We are pretty shocked because it hurt but it wasn’t hurting badly. She thinks the original injury was about a month ago on a vault, but she’s competed well and although it’s been sore, she said it isn’t as bad as a sprained ankle feels.

We should find out more this week but she’s in a splint and she knows it has to fully recover (I’ve read enough so far to know you don’t want to mess with the growth plate). It does seem pretty common. If anyone asks questions they suggest I ask at the next appt I would appreciate it. She does wear tiger paws for yurchencko vaults, but not for beam- that may have to change when she comes back to training them. I need to find a good PT too- that’s a tough thing to do!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back