Parents Xcel Bronze training hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tulip811

Proud Parent
what are typical xcel bronze training hours. We opted for xcel due to reduced hours and dds other varied interests. The new schedule has her group training two 3hr sessions, side by side with xcel silver. Also they train until 8:30pm and her bedtime is 8 (she just turned 8 and will be in third grade). Isnt this too late?

My DD trained bronze at 4 hours. She also went to every extra practice she could talk her coaches into allowing. Ha. Every gym we’ve been to (and that’s a lot) have team practices that end between 8-9pm regularly, unfortunately even for the littlest kids who are 5-6 years old.

Team practices that end between 8 and 9 are pretty much the norm. For a 3 hour session that a parent with a job can get a kid to, anything earlier tends to be prohibitive. Plus they end rec classes around 8 so it leaves time for the teams to have less conflict with apparatus time. DD has been ending practices between 8 and 8:30 since she was 8. They adjust.

I think our Bronze team trains three 2 hour sessions. They do get out earlier but our JO girls get out at 8:30.

As a Bronze (age 7), mine trained with Silver and went 9 hrs/week (4-7 PM 3 days a week).... on the high end for Bronze for sure. How old is your DD and what is the drive home like? I’m sure she will adjust to an 8:30 end time. Make sure dinner and homework are done before practice. Honestly, a 4-7 practice for us meant coming home for a late dinner and homework (no time beforehand with school) so probably close to the same bedtime!

Not in excel but it is pretty normal at our gym to have classes that run till 8:30. Luckily my DD is a night owl anyway but I do know a lot of parents don't appreciate the late hour.

what are typical xcel bronze training hours. We opted for xcel due to reduced hours and dds other varied interests. The new schedule has her group training two 3hr sessions, side by side with xcel silver. Also they train until 8:30pm and her bedtime is 8 (she just turned 8 and will be in third grade). Isnt this too late?
Do they do the same rotation schedule both nights? If not, maybe you could talk to the coach about her leaving 30 minutes early each night (she would still be late to bed, but not AS late.

At our gym, the Bronze team practices for two three hour sessions a week.

My DD was 8 last year and her practices ran until 8:00. She adjusted well to a later bedtime on those nights.

My DD is on the Xcel bronze team at her gym. She trains three 2-hour sessions per week. Bronzes get out at 7:30 on weeknights. The other team girls go until 8:30 (silvers share practice slots).

Last year it was 6 hours/week and they upped it this year to 8, 3 days per week. The latest end time is 6:45. 8:30 end time would be really hard for my DD - she's 7 and in bed by 7:30. Silver and up end between 8-8:30, so we'll see what happens next year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back