Coaches Xcel code of points

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im new to coaching an Xcel team this year. I have not yet been able to see the new code of points. I’m getting mixed messages on beam feet. Not a big deal. But do they have a choice of beam feet position? Or do they want one way only? Thanks

Im new to coaching an Xcel team this year. I have not yet been able to see the new code of points. I’m getting mixed messages on beam feet. Not a big deal. But do they have a choice of beam feet position? Or do they want one way only? Thanks

I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean by "beam feet". As in...how they stand on the beam?

Also confused, but will take a guess...
Are you talking about things like doing turns in coupé or passé? If so, then whichever is cleaner for the gymnast.
We stress high rélévé going into turns, ending with the support foot flat, before stepping out of it to show control.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back