WAG Xcel diamond skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What skills would I need for bars beam and floor. I have around level 8 skills. Could I do a level 8 bar routine but not do a clear hip and meet all of the requirements?

What skills would I need for bars beam and floor. I have around level 8 skills. Could I do a level 8 bar routine but not do a clear hip and meet all of the requirements?
So you can do level 8 skills but if you don`t do a clear hip you have to add something else in there then you will can get all of the requirementa.

Yes, a level 8 routine without clear hip would by fine. You don't need a 3/6/7 circle like in level 8, the circles just have to be B's(like giants).

You just need 5 A's, 2 B's and:
-cast or other clear support skill at least 45 from vert
-B circle
-other B(release,pirouette or 2nd circle)
-slato or hecht dismount

And you don't even need a pirouette or release(like in level 8). If you have giants easiest diamond routine is:
kip/squat on
kip/cast handstand
giant
giant
flyaway

Yes, a level 8 routine without clear hip would by fine. You don't need a 3/6/7 circle like in level 8, the circles just have to be B's(like giants).

You just need 5 A's, 2 B's and:
-cast or other clear support skill at least 45 from vert
-B circle
-other B(release,pirouette or 2nd circle)
-slato or hecht dismount

And you don't even need a pirouette or release(like in level 8). If you have giants easiest diamond routine is:
kip/squat on
kip/cast handstand
giant
giant
flyaway
you need a pirouette i am a level 8 gymnast you don`t need a release

you need a pirouette i am a level 8 gymnast you don`t need a release
The requirement for level 8 UB is a B flight or turn. Most do pirouettes but a B flight like a toe Hecht or shoot over fullfills the same requirement. Diamond has even more options as a B flight, turn or circle can fulfill that requirement. I’m a judge.

kip/squat on
kip/cast handstand
giant
giant
flyaway
I don't believe your sample routine meets diamond requirements. The complicated part is that the 2nd B circling/turning/release skill has to be different from the 1st circle. In Xcel, doing the exact same skill on the low bar counts as a different skill that one done on the high bar. For instance, a routine with a freehip on low bar and a freehip on high bar to a flyaway can meet requirements. However, since both giants are performed on the high bar they still count as doing the same skill. I hope that makes sense.

I don't believe your sample routine meets diamond requirements. The complicated part is that the 2nd B circling/turning/release skill has to be different from the 1st circle. In Xcel, doing the exact same skill on the low bar counts as a different skill that one done on the high bar. For instance, a routine with a freehip on low bar and a freehip on high bar to a flyaway can meet requirements. However, since both giants are performed on the high bar they still count as doing the same skill. I hope that makes sense.
Skill finishing in clear support min. 45º from vertical or above (not mount/dismount)
Minimum ‘B’ 360º Circling Skill
Minimum ‘B’ Skill-either a Release, Pirouette, or 2nd 360º Circling Skill (same/different from #2)
Salto/Hecht Dismount (from HB)

the code says “same/different” and the routine I listed above is actually cited as an example that fulfills all requirements in the Xcel code, on page 45 of digital version

the code says “same/different” and the routine I listed above is actually cited as an example that fulfills all requirements in the Xcel code, on page 45 of digital version

You are 100% correct! I was remembering the old code that used to specify they had to be different. That rule has since changed, so thank you for the correction. I might delete my old post to avoid spreading misinformation.

You are 100% correct! I was remembering the old code that used to specify they had to be different. That rule has since changed, so thank you for the correction. I might delete my old post to avoid spreading misinformation.
No problem! Xcel rules change so much it can make everyone’s head spin.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back