WAG Xcel diamond

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are some skills I can do for bars beam and floor. I have around level 8 skills. Some passes I have for floor rn are a front lay front lay and round off BHS full. Would I need 2 or 3 tumbling passes with those skills?

What are some skills I can do for bars beam and floor. I have around level 8 skills. Some passes I have for floor rn are a front lay front lay and round off BHS full. Would I need 2 or 3 tumbling passes with those skills?
Both of those passes are more than sufficient for Diamond. You would not need a 3rd pass.

There are many options for bars and beam...if you are level 8 you should have no problem constructing Diamond routines.
On bars my DD does cast handstand 1/2 pirouette on low bar and a free hip on high bar. I also see a lot of free hip on low bar and free hip on high bar or a free hip and a giant.
On beam you need an acro series with or without flight. If it doesn’t have flight, then you need a separate flight skill. I most commonly see BWO, BWO and a backhandspring or CWO, RO.

Level 8 translates well to Diamond. You might think about how clean your skills are on various events. A clean stuck front pike will outscore a sloppy front lay. XCel judges treat beam connections pretty much the same way JO judges do, so be sure you are doing an acro series that you can connect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back