Parents Xcel - how many hours a week do your daughters practice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dsabrunner

Proud Parent
For those of you with daughters in the Xcel program - how many hours a week does your daughter have team practice? Also, what is your competition schedule like?

There have been a ton of topics lately about xcel and hours, etc. If you don't get the answers you want, you could try scrolling the recent feed.

That being said, my DD recently left xcel but she did compete the last two seasons. It looked like this.

Xcel bronze- 6 hrs of practice during the season. Two meets, states, regionals.

Xcel gold- 6 hours of practice. Seven meets, states, regionals.

That was two different gyms in two "different" states (one actual state but usag has it broken into two).

In the area where we currently live, all xcel programs seem to fall between 4-10 hours no matter the level. Other areas the hours are much higher, so it will depend highly on where you live.

There have been a ton of topics lately about xcel and hours, etc. If you don't get the answers you want, you could try scrolling the recent feed.

That being said, my DD recently left xcel but she did compete the last two seasons. It looked like this.

Xcel bronze- 6 hrs of practice during the season. Two meets, states, regionals.

Xcel gold- 6 hours of practice. Seven meets, states, regionals.

That was two different gyms in two "different" states (one actual state but usag has it broken into two).

In the area where we currently live, all xcel programs seem to fall between 4-10 hours no matter the level. Other areas the hours are much higher, so it will depend highly on where you live.
Did she switch over to JO? And did she go right from bronze to gold skipping silver?

Bronze DD - 8 hours of practice a week, 7 meets plus states, no regionals for bronze in our region.
Silver DD - 10 hours of practice a week, 7 meets plus states and the opportunity to go to regionals. However, making it to regionals is ahrd - 7 girls make the state team, and then maybe another 20 make the all star session. Cut off for regionals this year was something like a 37.7

last year my daughter did silver. 5 hours was required but you could do 7.5 if you wanted additional hours. my daughter wanted to move to JO so she was permitted to add even more hours for a total of 11 to help get her strength up to nearer the JO's level.

as of april, she is now training JO5/7 (meaning she will compete 5 this fall and 7 in january) and she's up to 20 hours a week now.

There is a chance that my girls will do xcel this year. If my younger DD doesn't get her kip then I think she will do xcel silver instead of level 4. For my older DD, if she isn't casting to handstand I think that she will do gold or platinum instead of level 6.

Silver DD - 10 hours of practice a week, 7 meets plus states and the opportunity to go to regionals. However, making it to regionals is ahrd - 7 girls make the state team, and then maybe another 20 make the all star session. Cut off for regionals this year was something like a 37.7

My girl was a Silver/L3, trains 7.5 hours. 3-4 meets per then states, regionals in Xcel if you qualify
So they do about 6-8 meets for JO/Xcel plus the states and higher if they qualify.

This year she will be Gold/L4, will train 9 hours (maybe a bit more, but not more than 12). Same competition schedule.

Xcel regional qualifying at least on our region is not based on scores. Top 7 are state team. Then a percentage of those competing per level are on the all star team.

My girl was a Silver/L3, trains 7.5 hours. 3-4 meets per then states, regionals in Xcel if you qualify
So they do about 6-8 meets for JO/Xcel plus the states and higher if they qualify.

This year she will be Gold/L4, will train 9 hours (maybe a bit more, but not more than 12). Same competition schedule.

Xcel regional qualifying at least on our region is not based on scores. Top 7 are state team. Then a percentage of those competing per level are on the all star team.
At your gym do the girls compete both Xcel & JO (your daughter is in both Xcel Gold & JO4 meets)?

Our Xcel silver practice 9 hours while bronze goes for 6 hours. We do NOT cross-compete. You are either JO or you are Xcel.

There is a chance that my girls will do xcel this year. If my younger DD doesn't get her kip then I think she will do xcel silver instead of level 4. For my older DD, if she isn't casting to handstand I think that she will do gold or platinum instead of level 6.

oops, I was distracted. Hours... my younger DD would be doing 12 hours for what ever level she ends up (4, silver, or gold) and my older DD does 20 for what ever level she does (6, gold, or platinum).

Gold 7.5 hours a week ... but we manage to make it only 4-6 hours.
We have 6 regular season meets, a championship meet, and YMCA Nationals in years it is someplace fun.
Our JO girls are the same... same practice hours, same meets.

I am trying to talk HC into the Y Regional meet, but she doesn't like that L3 can't go and that it is a month after championships... after girls have often reduced hours for spring sports.

My daughter practices 6 hours in bronze however there is an optional dance class that focuses on jumps and leaps that she takes. She also taking tumbling as well so she is in the gym for 8 hours. There are 7 competitions, state, and regionals if they qualify.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back