WAG Xcel Platinum Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

haileyyy

Gymnast
My goal is to move to Xcel Platinum (after 3 years of Gold) next year, and I've looked over the requirements a lot. I'm confident that I understand all of them except for the floor requirements. I know you need a switch leap and obviously a turn, but for tumbling, what I'm reading says you only need 2 directly connected acro flight skills with one being an A or B salto, and then another pass with 2 directly connected acro skills with flight OR a B salto. So is it correct that I could get away with just doing a roundoff tuck and a roundoff back handspring and still have a 10.0 start value (assuming I get my B skill from a 1.5 turn, since it doesn't specify that your B skill has to be from tumbling)? I just feel like this is too good to be true haha, especially since I'm struggling so much with the other events. Any insight would be appreciated!

You do NOT need a switch leap on floor, just a leap with a minimum 150º split. Yes, you can do RO-BT and RO-BHS as your passes. If you don't get your 1.5 turn, you could do a tuck jump full or a cat leap full for your B skill.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. My YG is going into her 4th year of Platinum (we don't do diamond and we can't petition into JO optionals, so she would need to score out of L4 and L5 ... and she doesn't like the vault options for L6 / L7 anyways, lol).

Yes, in Platinum, my daughter was recovering from back issues which prevented front tumbling for a few years. She did a RO-BHS-BT and RO-BHS-BHS for a 10.0 start. (Could have left off the last BHS and still had 10.0.) She did a regular split leap - her "b" was a straddle jump.

You do NOT need a switch leap on floor, just a leap with a minimum 150º split. Yes, you can do RO-BT and RO-BHS as your passes. If you don't get your 1.5 turn, you could do a tuck jump full or a cat leap full for your B skill.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. My YG is going into her 4th year of Platinum (we don't do diamond and we can't petition into JO optionals, so she would need to score out of L4 and L5 ... and she doesn't like the vault options for L6 / L7 anyways, lol).
Thank you so much for the response! And thanks for telling me about the switch leap, that's such a relief because my switch leaps are... not the best lol. This makes me feel a lot better about next season!

Yes, in Platinum, my daughter was recovering from back issues which prevented front tumbling for a few years. She did a RO-BHS-BT and RO-BHS-BHS for a 10.0 start. (Could have left off the last BHS and still had 10.0.) She did a regular split leap - her "b" was a straddle jump.
That's really good to know! Thanks for the response :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back