Yao bars move

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Horton's "flurry" high bar dismount isn't on there. I have that too somewhere. he did it twice and nobody believes it until they see it. layout triple double!

another example...the first to perform a triple double on floor was Justin Spring. but you know who gets credit for it...:)

Reactions: JBS
JBS, did you see the back uprise back tuck catch? we did those in the 60's and 70's. nobody believed that they could be done. lol. :)

Reactions: JBS
i had to throw that in there that everything the girls do on bars was done years before by the men with the exception of the Shaposh variations. :)

quote]

At a risk of having my nose cut off for sticking it where it doesn’t belong…. I don’t think it’s a fair statement. Women have to contend with the lower bar, which forces them to make adjustment every time they go around the top bar. It seems that it would be harder to build up the rotational momentum to perform the same moves the man do

JBS, did you see the back uprise back tuck catch? we did those in the 60's and 70's. nobody believed that they could be done. lol. :)

Love that! I can see why people thought it impossible, I've watched it a dozen times and the physics is a bit boggling!

At a risk of having my nose cut off for sticking it where it doesn’t belong…. I don’t think it’s a fair statement. Women have to contend with the lower bar, which forces them to make adjustment every time they go around the top bar. It seems that it would be harder to build up the rotational momentum to perform the same moves the man do

well, your kinda right. of course the low bar is a problem. i have spoken of this before. my point was how people think something was done for the first time, or have it named after someone when the 'skill' may have been done years before. and if so, by a guy. with the exception of the Shaposh variations, everything on girls bars came from the knowledge and experience of men being the guinea pigs.

and of course, men don't need coaches to coach them on uneven bars. 'Paul-ette' will show you below from another era:

and then of course there is this Paul in today's era:

Horton's "flurry" high bar dismount isn't on there. I have that too somewhere. he did it twice and nobody believes it until they see it. layout triple double!

another example...the first to perform a triple double on floor was Justin Spring. but you know who gets credit for it...:)

Wait, but why didn't Justin Spring get credit for the triple double??

cause he did it in a College meet. not a "FIG" meet. but here in the US, he gets credit from us! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back