WAG YAY! First competition of the season!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
I had my first competition of the season yesterday and it went fairly well can't remember scores but I think it was 10.050 for vault (out of 12.4), 11.2 for beam and I don't know my start value but I'd say it was 13ish and 11.7 for floor with a start value of 13.70.

Vault was interesting - first vault i practically ran out the door on landing and second one wasn't much better haha.

Funny story about floor, during warm up I was having problems with my full twist nearly took it out but after encouragement from my coach I decided to give it a go. So first tumble row is front sault step out round off tuck and I hit that perfectly, it was high and stuck it completely. I continue my floor routine and realise I'm really ahead of the music get back on beat and continue I do some of the nicest leaps I've ever done and do the best full twist I've ever done even in training. I present am really happy with my routine and after watching my friends floor I realise...I forgot my full turn. Couldn't stop laughing because it was a mistake I couldn't believe i had made.

However, I still came third missing an entire requirement (yay for level 7 not taking 2 whole points off for not completing a requirement) and would have come first if i remembered that silly full turn!

Also came third on beam and 6th

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back