Parents Yay for "A"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sheplaysinthechalk

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Her 5th birthday is coming up next week. She CANNOT WAIT! Turning 5 is a really big deal, ya know!!! ;)

I left her at practice last night to pick up a few additional birthday presents. When I got back to pick her up, the other parents bombarded me with: "OMG you really need to see this!!! You are not going to believe what happened while you were gone!!!

I looked through the window and waved at "A" and her coaches who were over on the beams. Coach 1 picked her up, stood her on the beam. While Coach 2 took the others for their cool down, "A" got to show me some new skills!!!! YAY!!!

She got her L4 beam dismount!!!:D It was awesome! And she was VERY excited!
Then, from out of nowhere, she pulls off a cartwheel on beam!!.......and ALMOST a straddle press! I was like "WHOA!"

I am just so happy for her! She just loves being in gymnastics and everyday she is SO fricken proud of herself! It was funny. She came running over to me and said "mommy mommy!!! I can do the big kid dismount on the beam!" LOL!

RE: Turning 5 is a really big deal ::: She keeps telling me that she's growing up and when she turns 5 she's going to do roundoff-whip-whip-double full-front tuck as her pass on the rod floor. (actually, she calls is the wod floor:rolleyes:)
ROFL! I laugh every time i hear her say that (not in front of her, of course) The kid thinks she capable of EVERYTHING! It's cute. I did tell her though, that maybe she should wait until she was 6 ;)(being sarcastic) to try that pass.

Anyway, she''s finally getting ready to turn 5. I think it's giving her a renewed burst of confidence!

Oh, and by the way...I haven't been able to reply to other posts - ones that i didn't start. Does anyone know what's up with that? I've tried to reply to several threads over the last month and it keeps telling me that i'm not allowed...

you are not the first and won't be the last to have this issue. they tried to make it easier by adding a little tab at the top, but i think people still miss it. :D

Oh, and by the way...I haven't been able to reply to other posts - ones that i didn't start. Does anyone know what's up with that? I've tried to reply to several threads over the last month and it keeps telling me that i'm not allowed...

Go to your user CP on the left of your screen and join the parents user group. You cannot reply as you are not a member of the parents group. Gosh don't you hate technology sometimes.

Lovely to have you around by the way!:)

Aww Congrats!! Happy Birthday to "A"!! My daughter can not wait until she turns 5, its a huge deal with her too. Unfortunately she has a few more months to go. :)

"A" says thank you to everyone! She is just so excited to turn 5.

She can't wait to go to gym and tell her team that she is officially a "big girl"...

I'll have to get some of her new skills on video and get them uploaded. BUT that's gonna require me to get a new connector for the video camera. I still can't find it and am convinced that it was sucked into the black hole where all of our socks end up...If i can just remember to pick a connector up while i'm out...I don't know where my head has been lately - i can't remember SQUAT!!!:rolleyes: I still need to upload the video from her first competition and it's been almost a month!

Happy birthday to A...Happy birthday to A...Happy birthday dear AAAAAAAA!Happy birthday to you! Here's a :highfive: to the big 5 year old!!! Have fun being 5!!!!!

So, I just thought i'd share this...It's funny!

When dd woke up on her birthday, she came out with a big huge smile on her face...went into my room, looked into the full length mirror. She yells "I AM BIGGER!!! and started yelling "yes! yes! yes! yes!" Then she says "Well, not that much bigger, but I'm bigger for sure!"

I thought it was hilarious!!!

Congrats and Happy Birthday to A!

Reading your posts takes me back, my middle DD thought turning 4 was the biggest deal ever! EVERYTHING was going to happen when she was 4 -
"I listen when I 4 "
"I be good when I 4"

Then the morning she turned 4. She woke up at 5:00 am YELLING - I FOUR I FOUR I FOUR...

Arent they great at that age?

That's quite the over-achiever you got there! Taking on the hard stuff! My DD has been working on press to handstands for a long time. (getting " fricken"* close too). :) They are tough-to-do!

Hope he has/had a great 5th!

(* BTW: I'm not sure that's actually a word)

I can't believe I missed this!!!

:princess: A very special birthday hug to my other favorite "A"!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope she had the best birthday yet....

What an exciting week she has had, and such great big skills for her little 'BIG' self!!! :D Just make sure you tell her don't forget us little people when she is on top hee hee!

"tough-to-do" is definitely a word around here!!!

"little big self" rofl!!!!! That is too funny!

It's currently nap time - she's asking me to go get her baby. The one with the "A" on the front.

We went to the preschool class this morning...she walked out of class (which is not typical of her). She made a run for the bars - everyone else was on the beams.
She did a pullover, stayed in a front support. The coaches were yelling at her to come back to class. She just looked at them and stayed in the front support. Then she did a SQUAT ON and jumped down.

Must be her week. She's just firing off new skills left and right. :rolleyes:

Coach told me after class that she thought it was hilarious. "A" didn't get to have a popcicle (in the freezing cold weather) because she left class. But she did get to honk the horn in the gym because she learned something new.

No one really knows where it came from. She just got up there and did it. Coach said that "A" told her that

"well now i'm five and i'm almost as big as everybody else. the big girls do the squat on. and now that i'm five i knew i could do it. can i be level 5 now???"

:eek::eek::eek:

LOL! She is so fricken crazy.

AHHH How cute! What a big girl! Turning five for my dd was definately a big deal! Nothing's impossible when you are five years old. Well I wish "A" a very happy successful five year old year. I have a feeling this going to be a big year for "A".

Mom stop procastinating and post her videos......We really want to cheer her on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:D

Happy late birthday "A". I love to hear your stories! Even though DD is not THAT much older, it seems like forever ago when she would say very similar things! Thanks for bringing back memories! And Congrats on a ton of awesome new skills! You Rock "A"!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back