Parents Year 2008 and 2009 gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

COz

Proud Parent
I've just set up a new social group for parents of kids born in either 2008 or 2009.
I'm thinking that both in terms of gymnastics and developmentally that these kids have more in common than just straight pre-team, which can include such a large range of ages.

This might give us some space to commiserate on bedtimes and their inability to get in and out of leotards effectively without annoying everyone else. Possibly also containing some potential insanity and dealing with it without annoying everyone else :)

Anyway, I thought it was worth a try, we'll see how it works out.

People who don't post on at least a semi-regular basis will be quietly removed from the group. No lurkers.

I have a 2008 (end of January birthday so she's almost 7) dd. She just competed level 2 and is training for level 3 next fall now. Would that work or is the group just for non-competing pre-team gymnasts?

Reactions: COz
I think that counts mom2newgymnast. I think it's more age geared than preteam/compete themed...maybe, kind of sort of, I hope? We are gearing up for L3 too this spring

Reactions: COz
I'll join. Our younger gymnastic child is a 2009 baby who just turned 5 earlier this month. She hasn't moved to the developmental program yet and is still playing in the preschool gym. Currently our plan is to let her keep playing for the next six months and re-evaluate when summer comes. I'm not convinced that she really wants to do what most people would call "real gymnastics" so she may lose interest once the focus is more on skills mastery and less on lots of conditioning disguised as games.

Invitations sent. Yes, @mom2newgymnast I'm thinking age based, it works well for mothers group forums from what I hear. There's also the pre-team group which includes some older kids.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back