Parents Yearly team fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are the annual team fees that you pay for your gymnasts on team? What does it pay for? We pay $500 per year to cover coaches' meet expenses, training, etc... If we pay early, we get a $50 discount. We try to do fundraising to come up with the team fee, but it's a struggle to come up with $500 at one time for a gymnastics fee.

$290 covers coach's travel and meet expenses.

This is going to be a tough thing to compare between gyms as each structures their fees a little differently. Ours has higher tuition, but meet entry fees are included. We pay uniforms out of pocket. The only thing the team fees pay for is coachs' travel.

Our monthly tuition is just for practice for the month---no meet/team fees factored in. If the parents participate in working bingo(our mega fundraiser) then the booster club pays all the gymnast's meet fees, USAG membership, travel expenses to out of state meets plus regionals etc. and the "team fee" which is $200 and paid by August. Both gyms we've been at charge this fee and say its really more of an equipment fee since the team girls put more wear/tear on the bars, beams etc. than any other group. I don't agree with it, but its charged and thankfully we are doing the bingo thing, so don't have to pay it.

We pay our first $500 per child by Sept 1st (half by Aug 1st) This pays for the year's USAG membership, meet entries, coaching fees/travel expenses. As the year progresses, we have to replenish our accounts either with 'real' money or by fundraising.

DD isn't on team, but I know what her gym does. There is not a fee besides monthly tuition. For meet fees you have to pay for each meet. The expenses for coaches is just divided by how many people are going to the meet. It is not pretty for those who are Level 9 and 10 and are the only one to make Nationals. They have to pay for every penny of the expenses on their own. I know other gyms in the area do it differently and many kids have left for that reason.

Our gym has a $25 annual registration fee ( rec and team). We pay our monthly tuition and we pay for each meet about a month ahead of the meet. A coaches fee is added to the meet fee.

Typical fees are 400, plus 45 registration fee, USAG number, and uniforms. The fees maybe going up this year but they have not been announced. We have to pay them quarterly.

Our fees are $1150 for the year. That covers all the registration and meet fees for 8 meets, coaches' fees (including fuel, meals and hotel for the out of state meet), team t-shirts, goody bags for each meet, the Christmas party and the year end banquet. It seems high but we have several fund raising opportunities and those will cover pretty much all of it for us this year.

Here are what our costs are:

Gym membership $40 (annual)
USGA Registration $52 (annual)
Practice cost $150 (Monthly) 9hr/week Level 4
Meet fee $100 per meet (5-7 meets/season)
Warm-ups this year $75-100 (plan for every other year)
New leo (on 2 yr cycle, but we out grew it) $55 (this year), ? (next year)

There is also a possiblity of a traveling meet this year (Las Vegas, Orlando??) If Vegas will be just DD and I, if Orlando--we will move up our vacation to WDW that we planned for April/May to January if possible. ? cost

Barb

Well, I'll let you know next week! Our gym used to give us a "team"statement each month in addition to our monthly tuition. The team account statement would be the fees for meets, coaches fees added after meets, practice leos, team leos, warm-ups...anything team related on a month to month basis. This made it easy on my checkbook! Our L4 and L5 team got so large this year because last year was the first time for compulsary levels, they will introduce to us at our team meeting this week the NEW plan for yearly team fees to make it easier for the gym owner. I imagine they will estimate the meet fees and come-up with a price to be paid all at once or maybe quarterly? Seems fair to me for them to want to make it easier I only pray it is a reasonable amount as it is hard to come up with big chunks of $$$ in September (I have 3 kids going to school that need new clothes, shoes, and supplies)when the meets start.

My only complaint about expenses would be that we were told last year that the Comp leo would be good for 2 years and they are now changing it. I can see why, it looks like the girls are wearing granny panties sometime the way the legs are cut. Plus we had a problem with GK not sewing them correctly on the seams and they kept splitting open and had to be sent back several times. And we are also having to get new practice leos too. UGH!

so what does it cost is the US on an annual basis for (example) a lvl 6 gmnast,all in? I am just curious as the US system is so diff't from the CAD in the first place. I will state up front that I have no problem with my fees etc. Cash, mandatory fundraising & volunteer hours make up our fees.

We don't have team fee's either. There is of course tuition payments and all team members are required to have the team leotard, warm up tracksuit, club shirt and team bag. Then there are competition entry fee's which we just add to each tuition payement. Competitions are on average $40 to enter so some months they may have 1 or 2 and some months they don't have any to pay.

Here in Australia the population tends to be quite centralised. The vast majority of people live in capital cities (as I do). Therefore there is very little travel to competitions. You would never have to stay overnight or drive for several hours so it makes it a lot cheaper. There are always many, many competitions to choose from that are within a short drive.

There is nationals but only a few outstanding gymnasts will reach that level and we do often do an interstate trip and this is paid for separatly by those attending. We offer some fundraising opportunities for those who have difficulty coming up with the funds needed for the trip.

We try to keep our sport as affordable as possible, these kids and families already dedicate so much time and committment to the sport. We want to make sure it is reachable for everyone, not just the rich.

Our monthly tuition is totally separate from everything else. Booster club handles USAG membership, meet fees, coaches fees, leo/warm up, etc.

We were told that for new leo/warm up, meet fees for 2 seasons (fall/spring), USAG membership and other misc fees a total of about $1350, plus we have to work about 12 hours each at 2 different meets. Ugh. That is if you daughter did every meet.

Interesting how it varies so much depending on where you are. I hate even adding it up. It is crazy how expensive it is, especially at the lower levels. I won't be sad when it is all over, at least from a money perspective.

so what does it cost is the US on an annual basis for (example) a lvl 6 gmnast,all in? I am just curious as the US system is so diff't from the CAD in the first place. I will state up front that I have no problem with my fees etc. Cash, mandatory fundraising & volunteer hours make up our fees.
I am about 30 miles outside of Washington, D.C., in Northern Virginia. Our yearly tuition for a level 6 is 3,358.00. New Leos and warmups are about 250.00, and then the USAG fee is 53.00.... booster club yearly fee is 100.00 and yearly gym "membership" is another 100.00. None of this includes meet fees or coaches expenses. Our Booster club is working on that yearly fee right now. I don't even like to add all of this up... it's overwhelming. And of course, none of this includes travel expenses, "candy grams" or other goodies DD just has to have at a meet! At least w/her being older now, I can usually get away with NOT buying a Candy Gram! HA!

-Lynn

I'd ballpark about 5 grand or more for the year by the time you add up tuition, travel, team/meet/coachs' travel fees, USAG and gym membership, and uniforms. Optionals are worse because even if you live near a lot of clubs, you still have to travel and expose your girls to competition in the rest of the region.

Gadzooks. I look at the number and I don't even want to think about what I've spent over the last 5 years.

Here goes, although I choose not to think about this too often:

Tuition- $3100 level 7
Comp fees $650
USAG $52
Team Fee $30
Leo $160
Warm-up $70

On top of that we add family travel and lodging, 1 out of state meet at our level, 4 for levels 8-10. 6 to 8 meets per season plus states, regionals etc.

This will be dd's first year officially on team. From what I hear we pay a monthly tuition, have to fund-raise around $1500-$1800 for the year, work 12-hours at all home meets, plus pay all our meet fees which usually range from $65-$85/meet, pay for team leos and any travel expenses. Like someone else said, that doesn't factor in all the 'goodies' we buy them at the meets. Once I didn't do it and I felt so bad cuz dd sat there surrounded with gifts for everyone but her. :eek: Even the littlest things mean so much to them. We'll get our parent packet at a meeting in August. I'll have a better idea then how much to make the check out for in September! :eek:

Do you mean that the parents by the kids gifts at every single meet? Thats not good, it sends the idea to kids that they always must 'get something' when they go to a meet. We dont have that, the meets we attend rarely have anything for sale besides leotards and food anyway. We have been to one or two meets that sold a few extra's like stickers and jewellry but the parents don't buy anything for the kids.

Do you mean that the parents by the kids gifts at every single meet? Thats not good, it sends the idea to kids that they always must 'get something' when they go to a meet. .

Oh, no, no, no!!! When my oldest started Level 4 and we went to our very first meet, we bought her and her teammates a candy gram, and then each of the other parents did the same. We did this 2-3 times and then realized it was ridiculous to spend all that $ on candy for each other!! So when my little one started, we just ignored those! However, on occasion - especially if it's a special meet (States) or a hard skill has been competed for the first time, or some other accomplishment, I may spring for a pin.

The only thing I buy on a regular basis is food from the snack stand!:D

We have an annual registration fee of $75 - which I haven't paid yet because we are also supposed to sign something saying we will give 2 months written notice if we want to leave or still have to pay 2 months. Since I'm deciding in the next month whether we want to stay - I'm obviously holding off on re-registering as long as possible. Aside from that - I added up all the tuition, fees, travel, leo, etc. and we spend between $5500-$6000 per year. Now that I actually added it up - I think I'm going to be sick :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back