MAG Yesterday's Update about Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

GymDad23

Proud Parent
https://www.usagym.org/PDFs/Men/MemUpdates/agc_091218.pdf

Not sure what to think this new nationals format. So no opening ceremony, JO Level 8 & 9 will only compete one day and level 10 allotment went up by 140. Maybe the extra $20k they get in meet fees will supply an opening ceremony for 2020? Actually not too concerned about the opening ceremonies, only been to the last two, but was definitely a struggle. The regional team competition seems like it should be a good addition, but not too much info on it yet.

I know they are trying to keep the cost down at the lower levels. THat is a good thing. One day meets for 8/9 should be fine. This way they were able to increase the percentage of 10s while keeping the same number of 8/9. I do not like that 10s are Fri/Sun, meaning a week gone from school....but again, we will deal. Love the JO regional team!!!

I like the increase in 10s. The past few years, the percentage of 10s was less than the percentage of the lower levels. That was hard to explain to kiddos.

I do not like that there are no opening ceremonies. HOwever, I do like that they are honoring the academic all americans at regionals, because not all of those make nationals and this way everyone gets a ceremony. I do not think it is related to money. I think it is time, and keeping kids there longer. Also, I do not think many people were impressed the past few years with opening ceremonies, although I loved them!

I think it will be good. Nationals has needed a change since the ages changed, so hopefully this is good. I just hope that they can get the specialness back in nationals so it does not just feel like another invitational.

I like a lot of the changes. I do feel having a larger number of level 10s makes a lot of sense. Just hoping we get there this year. Wish the Academic All American had been at regionals the last few years. It's anti-climactic to get it in the mail.

Well, they have to in order to do Optional and Compulsary routines...
Yes....I just find it interesting that JO is only one day but it makes a lot of sense to do it that way. JEs do 2 different routines so they would have to do 2 days.....

Reactions: sce
I am glad they didn't cut the number and I'm glad they upped the 10s allotment.

I agree. Past couple of years, 8s have had a higher percentage of nationals qualifiers than 10s. So this will be good.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back