WAG Yet Another Camp Question!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
I went to Woodward (PA) 2 summers ago, at 12, before I was on a team. I had lots of fun, but I didn't get very many skills. I was definitely one of the oldest ones in the group, yet definitely at the lowest skill level. Anyways, does anyone know of any camps that could help an older girl at a lower level gain some skills? I'm in southern New England, and I wouldn't want to drive more than 6 hours. Thank you!

I've heard a lot of good things about IGC and I know I got a brochure for a camp at regionals. I'll see if I can figure out what it was called.

Woodward divides their practice groups (not the level, but the time their required practice is held) by age. I think the reason why you were the oldest in your group is that the morning practice group goes up through 12 years old. Now that you're of age for the afternoon practice group, you won't be super young in your group any more. DD hasn't been there for a couple of years, so things might have changed, but I know we've had teenaged Xcel gymnasts from different levels go and be with their peers. If Woodward is the most convenient for you geographically and if you had fun, I'd give it another chance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back