Parents Yet Another Meet Report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

KimmeeA13

This must be a big weekend for meets. :) This morning was my DD's last "regular" meet before states and regionals and it was also the first one that required us to travel and stay in a hotel (the 8:00 warm up time had a lot to do with that). She's 8 and in her first year on team at the Xcel Bronze level. She had her best meet yet! She got her very first 1st place (on bars, with a 9.2), took 2nd in vault (8.5) and floor (9.15) and 5th on beam (9.0), with a 4th place All Around. Of course, this was within a group of about 12 girls in her age group and not all the Xcel Bronze gymnasts competing in her session. This time, for the first time, she had in her group several girls from her own gym who are older. Her AA score was 35.875, which is her personal best (previous AA's were 35.05, 35.05 and 35.75). Some of the girls in her practice group of 7 have had meets where they won 1st place in every category and other meets where they placed in the middle and/or near the end, but I like my girl's steady improvement. It's not been a huge and startling transformation but she is gaining confidence and improving her skills with every meet and while she's not the team "star", she is a consistent performer. I look forward to seeing how she does in states next month!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back