WAG ...yet another meet ?...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We don't have our schedule yet either and Coach says it won't be definite when we do, is this fairly normal?

We don't have our schedule yet either. So far I know we are hosting a meet in February, are traveling to TX in January, and they go traditionally go to the same early meet each December, so I'm counting on that one, but it might not happen this year.

We don't have our schedule yet either and Coach says it won't be definite when we do, is this fairly normal?
In my very limited experience, once it comes out it was pretty set. I know the optional girls last season ended up not doing one meet, and we were originally not doing states but then did. Not sure how the new gym works yet, but we'll see! Good luck!

The not definite schedule has the first meet (for levels 6-8) mid October, and the first for everyone is early November. We have about 15-20 meets after that, leading up to next July.

Compulsories this year will start in September, and optionals I suppose in January. We don't have the optional schedule yet.

Ours changed twice last season, so I guess it does happen. First time a meet filled up faster than expected and the coach didn't get our girls in on time.. We did get a different meet the same weekend, so it changed but not in a way that mattered much. Second time, she just added another meet between the end of the season and states. It was optional, though.

We don't have our schedule yet either. So far I know we are hosting a meet in February, are traveling to TX in January, and they go traditionally go to the same early meet each December, so I'm counting on that one, but it might not happen this year.
Region 3?

The not definite schedule has the first meet (for levels 6-8) mid October, and the first for everyone is early November. We have about 15-20 meets after that, leading up to next July.
This was true for us, because a meet filled up before we could register. So our coach had to pick an alternate meet. But once we'd all registered it is not changing.

No official schedule posted, yet. But usually one meet in November. Then we average 1 per month, January through States\Regionals in April or May. Only 5-6 meets total for us each season.

That's a lot of meets. We usually compete about 7 or 8 (not including regionals and nationals).

Levels will likely be determined in September or early October, but I am about 95% sure I know what my two will be. We should get meet schedules in mid-September. For both, first meet will be in December and last regular meet before states in early March.

Well, unless DS goes to Future Stars regionals in October! :eek:

In-house mock meet was last weekend, first meet is mid-September. Just got address and realized that it is 2 hours away, very unusual for us. With our luck we'll have a 7:30 AM call...

Ditto @ascarter1 - that's a lot of meets. What happens next July?

Our gym is hosting a Judge's Cup Aug. 29-30, but the first compulsory meet will be our hosted one Sept. 25-27. Optionals will begin in January.
I go to the same gym as dmbgymnast. In July we have YMCA Nationals, if you choose to go. Because we are YMCA, all of our meets are not medal trophy. We have some meets that we compete to qualify to leagues/states/regionals/nationals and only get ribbons based off score. Those meets are typically $25. Then we have invitationals, the typical meet, which are usually around $50. We will also compete USAG this year.

First meet Aug 29, states are late November. Getting nervous because we took at 6 week vacay, and while she trained a bit on vacation, her BHS is weak again (L3) since we've returned...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back