WAG YMCA Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
Is anyone aware of the YMCA nationals qualifying scores? If they haven't been announced, when should they be annouced by?

not sure... but the coaches should be sending out an email in the next couple months.... at least that's what happened the past few years.

it's on the website-see attached screenshot
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 9.09.03 PM.png

*scores from last year's nationals don't count

I wish they would have changed the Xcel qualifying scores...
It is ridiculous that a 35.0 at L5 will allow you to compete Platinum or Diamond (when you only need a 33.0 at L5 to compete L6 or L7). You can already compete Optionals... why encourage crossover into Xcel???

I also think that Xcel should have either a 31.0 AA (like L5-8) or a 32.0 AA (like L3-4).

I wish they would have changed the Xcel qualifying scores...
It is ridiculous that a 35.0 at L5 will allow you to compete Platinum or Diamond (when you only need a 33.0 at L5 to compete L6 or L7). You can already compete Optionals... why encourage crossover into Xcel???

I also think that Xcel should have either a 31.0 AA (like L5-8) or a 32.0 AA (like L3-4).

AND, I think that there should be score mobility between Xcel Divisions for Nationals too (like there is for JO levels).
For Example:
Xcel Gold: 33.00 All-Around at Xcel Gold or 35.00 All-Around at Xcel Silver.

And why is there Level 1 Competition, but not Bronze? or the ability for a high scoring Bronze to compete Silver?

Can ya tell this "Qualifying" issue irritates me? lol

Can ya tell this "Qualifying" issue irritates me? lol

No, I really couldn't :) Would last season's scores roll over into this season? I competed in a very late USAG meet, (late July) and scored a 35.6 AA as a L3. I'm competing silver, so could that 35.6 have already qualified me for nationals?

No, I really couldn't :) Would last season's scores roll over into this season? I competed in a very late USAG meet, (late July) and scored a 35.6 AA as a L3. I'm competing silver, so could that 35.6 have already qualified me for nationals?
If the meet was for your YMCA and it was after Nationals last year, then your coach could use it as a qualifying score... which means that technically you have qualified to compete L3 or L4 or Xcel Silver

It should, but I highly doubt out coaches will let you.... you'll probably have to requalify.

It should, but I highly doubt out coaches will let you.... you'll probably have to requalify.
Lol, that was why I said technically. And I know that our coach has never used the higher score can compete a level up option at Nationals before... even when it might have made sense for a girl.
However, with the earlier deadlines, my coach may allow it this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back