Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

YMCA team gymnastics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frnkmic

May 5, 2008
Anyone have experience with the YMCA team. We are looking into it, and so far I like what I see. I would like to hear from some people who have had children invovled in this. Thanks!

mariposa

Proud Parent
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Sep 25, 2007
Country
USA
I would love for them to have YMCA gymnastics here. They used to have a team, but the Y of our area decided that gymnastics was too competitive and not what the Y wanted. ?????

I like that they generally practice less hours and still get to do what they love to do, gymnastics!

Ingymmom

Jul 12, 2007
I can't help w/the YMCA gym question, but you may want to post this in the Q&A or chalk bucket area as there are a few YMCA gymnasts that frequent the CB that I am certain will be quite helpful:)

btw welcome to the chalk bucket!

A

awposey1

We belong to a YMCA in Stuart FL and love it. We are different from most Y's however, in that our coach is Russian and our other coach is a level 10 judge, pretty uncommon at a Y. Also, the team is pretty exclusive and has up to level 10. We love the team atmopshere and the support you get from being part of a big organization.

N

ndswam

My daughter competes for a YMCA team and we have been very happy. She's a Level 6 working on going to Level 7 and practices 15 hours a week.

We have a large team of about 75 girls ranging from Levels 3 to 9, plus we have some Prep Optionals. Most of the girls compete both YMCA meets and in a number of USAG meets.

Her team is pretty competitive but the team atmosphere is also wonderful. I think there's a great balance of hard work but lots of fun too. I also have to contribute that to the coaches as well as what the Y stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.