WAG YouTube gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! What do you think about YouTube gymnasts?
Do you think its healthy for your children to follow them?
Which ones are your favorites?
Which ones do you think actually have potential?

My DD follows Whitney and Buttercup, has watched but doesn't follow Cheernastics2 and other channels that are less serious about gymnastics and more about reviewing things or getting clicks.

Buttercup is a similar age and (used to be) the same level so she liked following someone talking about what they were doing to score better at the same level, however Buttercup went from JO4 to JO8 in the last year so the videos have become less relevant.

When she started watching videos she was trying to do things like handstand on a beam and kip, so there were dozens of videos with little pointers for what worked for them, minimally seeing other girls work on the same skills motivate her to keep trying to get better at them, but there are no gymnastics secrets or great tips in any of the videos. As she progressed the YouTube videos became less about tutorials and more about fun routines to watch and different hair tips for meets. She doesn't really watch anything gymnastics anymore, maybe because the content is so sparse now or maybe she is just out of that phase.

I love watching Whitney - she's really inspiring, and i like how her vlogs and practice videos show us how she lives - if u know what I mean! I feel bad for her that she's been plagued with injuries!
I also like watching Buttercup - she's a cute kid, even if her form isnt that great... she has potential. Yes its cute to watch her journey from a young age.
I also like Solid Gold Gymnasts - Buttercup is one of them, cute kids, great gymnastics and entertainment! Although its quite pressurising watching such young kids doing hard skills.
I find Cheernastics and all those a bit stupid and vain, dont really learn anything from them.
Used to enjoy watching Annie Leblanc before she quit - she showed the other side of the coin, the not-so-brilliant gymnasts (no insult)!

I’ve only watched a few of Whitney’s. Chellsie is training a Maloney Half, and I didn’t know what it was so I searched YouTube and she had a video of progressions. It was helpful.

Not a fan of social media. My kid does very little. She does follow the college teams.

We have become big Chellsie Memmel fans. My child is in awe of her comeback. DD (11) doesn't follow anyone else, although we watch some other gymnastics together - World Champs, Olympics, Rhythmic, T&T competitions. I follow Whitney simply because I think she is super gutsy and I really hope she can continue to college.

Whitney Bjerken. Tutorials are helpful and the routines she posts are great and actually help me when I am brainstorming floor choreography and beam choreo too. I don't watch anything else other than that. Acro Annie... is okay. Her vids do not provide help to other gymnasts (from what I have seen)

I encourage my friends’ gymnast children to watch Whitney-especially those that don’t have the “build” for a gymnast. She found a style that works for her and runs with it. I also like to support gymnasts and it’s nice to see them earn money and show others they can too.

I encourage my friends’ gymnast children to watch Whitney-especially those that don’t have the “build” for a gymnast. She found a style that works for her and runs with it.
Yes I find her a very inspiring gymnast - she's had a lot of setbacks but she still perseveres!

Yes I find her a very inspiring gymnast - she's had a lot of setbacks but she still perseveres!
She is pretty darn amazing. The fact that puberty made huge changes to her and she still can pull off some of the skills she does is beyond insane. I remember my kid meeting her at an event in Vegas when both were much younger....and we saw that her parents were so tall! I couldn't help thinking to myself how the potential for being tall could also happen to Whitney, but that she had such determination, it probably wouldn't really matter how tall she got. And it hasn't.

The fact she is able to still do these skills is a true Ute to her coaches teaching proper technique before her growth spurt. When kids are small, it is easier for them to become skill checkers. Then hit a growth spurt and have to totally RELEARN a skill, not just get used to their new body, these are very different things.

Some taller gymnasts are able to transform that into power.

oh that poor kid! Ugh! She is a super sweet girl too- DD has rotated with her at meets and said she is really nice and just a great girl.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back