Yurchenko vault drills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have the ugliest yurchenko full ever. If I stick it, it has no form or neatness or anything, and if I come anywhere close to form during the actual vault, I never stick it :mad:. Does anyone have any tips? Coach won't let me move onto the one and a half until I land on my feet every time I vault it.

Do you have a video of you doing the vault? It's kind of hard to give advice without actually seeing it, and I don't want to give bad advice.

We're not allowed cameras in gym :(. It doesn't really matter, I'm just tired of having a completely rotten vault when my other scores are generally good enough to medal.

What exactly do you mean by form and neatness? Do you have trouble keeping your legs straight, body shape, etc? Or is more of your form off and on the table? You could always try a tucked full?

What exactly do you mean by form and neatness? Do you have trouble keeping your legs straight, body shape, etc? Or is more of your form off and on the table? You could always try a tucked full?

Yeah! I kind of pike it and I can never keep my arms in and my feet together! I've never really seen anyone compete a tucked full, but thats an idea. I'll ask my coach!

Thanks so much, I'm all happy now!

a clean layout will always score better than a ugly full. Remember a yurchenko layout in the J.O code for women is a 9.8 a yuchenko layout half is a 10.0

a clean layout will always score better than a ugly full. Remember a yurchenko layout in the J.O code for women is a 9.8 a yuchenko layout half is a 10.0

actually a layout is only a 9.7, but your right. a clean layout stuck will score higher than an ugly full you never land. and plus it'll be easier on your body. tucked fulls look really good and i also agree you should try it. maybe if you go back to doing layouts with good form and then halves with good form and then go back to fulls it might help :)
Danielle

PS: try doing it over free foam with good form, because if you mess up or are afraid you are going to mess up, you have a pit underneath you. I know i always feel uncomfortable making corrections when im afraid of something as it is.
:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back