Yurchenko Vault video

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hammy

Here's a video of me doing a yurchenko half on front off...wow, I can't believe this video was taped almost 3 years ago. Not one of my best, but still a decent one.

[youtube]pt54cNeIPKk[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Very nice, hammy. Thanks. It's great to see members posting videos of themselves.

H

hammy

Thank you. I wish I could post the rest of my videos but sadly I can't put them on youtube because they're larger than 100MB.

D

dell1976

scared?

So - I have to pose the question, since you obviously did them -
How in the world did you muster the courage to do Yurchenkos(when you first started them)?

I remember seeing that vault when I was a little kid, and it terrified me - just the idea of sprinting towards something, making sure your feet hit the board, then blindly aiming for the vault...

Now I read that level 8s do them. Thats what I was when I quit - hell if I wouldve done that vault!!!

So did your coach ease you into them over a long time, or how...?

F

flippymonkeysmom

Great vault !! My dd can't wait until she can compete those. She is working lots of fun vaults - but is still only a level 7 - so we still have another boring year of fhs.

H

hammy

dell1976:

To answer your question, I was never really afraid of this vault. When you watched them done as a child you probably saw gymnasts competing them on the old vault horse; now, that would have terrified me. Being that I learned in the on the vault table it was pretty simple to learn. I started off by doing drills and timers onto a resi (whale) mat, and then transitioned to the vault table. I was more confident of yurchenkos than of tsuks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!