zero for vault!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

jes.the.gymnast

it is crazy
i can understand maybe a small deduction for going before the green light BUT REALLY giving a zero at the olympics to someone who would have most likley placed is not right!!!!

it is crazy
i can understand maybe a small deduction for going before the green light BUT REALLY giving a zero at the olympics to someone who would have most likley placed is not right!!!!

I love Pavlova, but you would think after the 2007 World Championships, the Russians would have taken a closer look at the rule book before vault.:reading::no:

The green light is given when all the judges are ready. If they were not all ready, how could her vault have been judged?

Pavlova, herself, has said this on the matter:

"It is an intolerable error for an athlete of my experience," the 20-year-old Pavlova, who notched a good 15.625 for her first vault before the zero gave an almost laughable average of 7.812, said.

"I really thought there was a green light when I started to run but when I looked at the replay it was red. I thought I saw something flash. It was my mistake."

At this level and caliber, the gymnasts are expected to know and follow the rules. She didn't and it cost her.

If gymnasts are supposed to follow the rules then it should be across the board. She had about as much right to go ahead and vault on a red light as the Chinese did to put athletes in the competition that aren't of the minimum age. While I'm on the subject, why not let them fall on their knees and not count the deductions. I've had it with these Olympics!

I completely agree. The scoring at these Olympics has been completely biased. And I agree about the ages of the Chinese gymnasts. However, because they chose to break the rules and score unfairly doesn't mean that the rest of the gymnasts should reduce themselves to that level. Pavlova knew she made a crucial mistake. She acknowledged that and has no one to blame for it but herself.

I completely agree. The scoring at these Olympics has been completely biased. And I agree about the ages of the Chinese gymnasts. However, because they chose to break the rules and score unfairly doesn't mean that the rest of the gymnasts should reduce themselves to that level. Pavlova knew she made a crucial mistake. She acknowledged that and has no one to blame for it but herself.

You're right- I was just making a joke. I'm still steaming about the vault finals.

The judges have playback from five different angles! She made a mistake- they should deduct her, not completely discount the vault IMO.

It's interesting to read the explanation. I'm still kind of confused as to how that happens but I guess everyone is human :( Well, she has handled it very gracefully.

The judges have playback from five different angles! She made a mistake- they should deduct her, not completely discount the vault IMO.

The B panel judges are not allowed to look at video...ever. The video is set up for other events to decide start values if there is a discrepency. Nice try, though...

If gymnasts are supposed to follow the rules then it should be across the board. She had about as much right to go ahead and vault on a red light as the Chinese did to put athletes in the competition that aren't of the minimum age. While I'm on the subject, why not let them fall on their knees and not count the deductions. I've had it with these Olympics!

I am with you!

I was so sad for this to happen....I was just as confused as Anna herself when I saw that score the first time......it took some time to figure out what happened.
I felt so sorry for her, especially because it clearly also influenced her on floor.

Isn´t it sas Russia goes home without any medal?!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back