WAG Visiting gyms in new york

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coachalexia

Gymnast
So the older ones from our gym (including me) are going to visit newyork probably next summer, we come from belgium so we start planning early because it's a long flight and it's a big trip. We would like to visit 1 or 2 gyms in or near newyork if that's possible, does anybody now good gym clubs in newyork and if we can go and visit them? Thanks!:)

There is Dynamic Gymnastics in Mohegan Lake (Sabrina Vega's old gym). I am pretty certain they will try to accommodate you. I am not certain about the rest. Rochester Gymnastics, World Class Gymnastics in upstate New York. New Image Gymnastics and Gold Medal Gymnastics (Gold Medal has 5 branches--Huntington, Garden City, Rocky Point, Centereach and Smithtown) in downstate New York; ans Chelsea Piers and NYC Elite near Manhattan to name a few.

There are also great gyms in Massachusetts. Aly Raisman and Alicia sacramone's gym Brestyans is about 4 hours drive from New York. Parkettes, another elite gym is in New Jersey and about 2 hours from New York.

You'll have to call these gyms to find out.

If you're willing to drive outside of NY there's also MG Elite (aka Monmouth Gymnastics) in NJ, but I'm not sure how far a drive that is.

Parkettes is actually in Allenstown, PA, isn't it?

Isn't Galaxy Gymnastics also pretty close to New York City? I know World Cup is not that far away either. And yes, Parkettes is in Allentown.

Thank you all so much! We'll definitely try parkettes because most of us have been following them for a while on instagram, and if we're not allowed to go there we'll probably try dynamic gymnastics, aly raisman and alicia sacramone's gym looks pretty interesting too though, we're just going to call a few of the gyms you named. And we might make a trip trough newyork and go outside newyork so i don't think that that would be a problem. Thank you!!

Isn't Galaxy Gymnastics also pretty close to New York City? I know World Cup is not that far away either. And yes, Parkettes is in Allentown.

Yes. Galaxy Gymnastics is in Orangeburg, New York. And yes, Parkettes is in Allentown, Pa. Don't know why I said NJ. Nonetheless, it is still two hours from Manhattan, maybe even less,

There's Lana's in Queens, Gold Medal on Long Island (Theresa Caputo's daughter went there), and there's something that's more of a recreational, open adult gym thing. It's called Gymnasticity. I don't know where it is though.

There's Lana's in Queens, Gold Medal on Long Island (Theresa Caputo's daughter went there), and there's something that's more of a recreational, open adult gym thing. It's called Gymnasticity. I don't know where it is though.

I'm assuming your going for training/open gym and not for tourism reasons.

I've been to Chelsea Piers in NYC because the owner of my gym is friends with coaches there, and they're pretty accommodating. It's a really nice gym but I'm not sure if they have open gym. You can probably get a training session with a coach though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back