Parents Ballet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd is a lev 10. Has done ballet on/off since age 4. She does pointe and technique. She feels her floor and beam and even bars are better for it. (Posture, core strength, etc). She did tell me the turns and leaps are different. She plans to become a professional dancer once her gym days are over. She is 13.

I did dancing for 5 years and it helped me loads! It taught me posture and improved my dance skills on floor

Just an update, my daughter has gone to one ballet class (so far), and afterwards came out with a shy smile, then immediately gushed about how much she loved it...guess it really just was anxiety about something new!

Also, just wanted to add, she is currently placed in Ballet I. I chatted with the instructor after class, and she didn't mention anything about changing classes so I guess she is in the right place, but she did complement her "lines" and natural affinity.

Just from watching, I do think this will help her in the long run. She has always had something like "2 left feet" (it took her forever to get that dancer's run thing), so even though it isn't specifically tailored to the elements she needs for her routines, I think it will be beneficial. Even if its just to help her gain more of a calm control over her movements (she's constantly flipping and flopping and throwing her self around, which is why we ended in the gym from the beginning, lol)

Reactions: COz

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back