Parents Developmental Invite Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The cost of A camp is paid for by USAG.
I don't think your booster club will need to pay anything. Unless they kit you out will new kit or something.

I feel honored that you replied to my post Dunno :) I might not have explained myself well. My daughter has a teammate that was invited to developmental camp as a result of her finish at the US Challenge. She and our coach did not have to pay USAG to attend camp. They did have to pay all of their own travel expenses to get to and from the Ranch. My understanding is that if our coach submits a video of my daughter (for example) doing skills and is invited to attend a camp as a result of that video then we (her parents) would have to pay USAG for camp for her and her coach. That is the difference in the invitations as I understand them....but Lord knows I could be wrong.

As a follow up question - in my video example would my daughter go to the same camp as her teammate participating in HOPES? This is hypothetical mind you .... my daughter is a couple years away from this possibility right now.

I feel honored that you replied to my post Dunno :) I might not have explained myself well. My daughter has a teammate that was invited to developmental camp as a result of her finish at the US Challenge. She and our coach did not have to pay USAG to attend camp. THIS IS CORRECT. DUE TO HER FINISH AT US CHALLENGE. They did have to pay all of their own travel expenses to get to and from the Ranch. THIS IS CORRECT. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THE $65 PER NIGHT PER ROOM My understanding is that if our coach submits a video of my daughter (for example) doing skills and is invited to attend a camp as a result of that video then we (her parents) would have to pay USAG for camp for her and her coach. YES That is the difference in the invitations as I understand them....but Lord knows I could be wrong.

As a follow up question - in my video example would my daughter go to the same camp as her teammate participating in HOPES? MAYBE. THEY TRY NOT TO INCONVENIENCE THE CLUB/COACH IF THEY HAVE MORE THAN 1 ATHLETE CAUSING THEM TO ATTEND SEPARATE CAMPS THAT MIGHT BE BACK TO BACK WEEK ENDS CAUSING THEM TO ATTEND SEPARATE CAMPS (THINK $$$) ON BACK TO BACK WEEK ENDS. This is hypothetical mind you .... my daughter is a couple years away from this possibility right now.

We have TOPs girls who are invited to developmental camp, but our coaches will only allow our girls to participate in TOPs A and B camps. However, we also have a Hopes athlete who continues to be invited to developmental camps( free of charge) which our coaches allow and attend. I don't know why, but our coaches definitely prioritize the jr. elite developmental camp over anything TOPs related. I'm sure they have their reasons. :)

I don't think your booster club will need to pay anything. Unless they kit you out will new kit or something.
Jenny,
Your right. USAG pays for A camp, I clarified with the booster club. I guess if you make A camp you are part of the official Team.

Ok, my wife corrected me and said we didn't pay for the Elite Developmental Camp just the ticket to get her there. She also said the gym or boosters may have paid. Either way, the camps are worth it and we would have paid.

yes, those costs were in your clubs assessment fees. or, you have a very wealthy booster club. lol.

yes. these camps are worth it...at least once. :)

We have TOPs girls who are invited to developmental camp, but our coaches will only allow our girls to participate in TOPs A and B camps. However, we also have a Hopes athlete who continues to be invited to developmental camps( free of charge) NO. SOMEONE OTHER THAN USAG IS PAYING. which our coaches allow and attend. I don't know why, but our coaches definitely prioritize the jr. elite developmental camp BECAUSE THESE CAMPS ARE THE REAL DEAL over anything TOPs related. I'm sure they have their reasons. YES :)

THERE IS NO COST FOR CAMP. YOU PAY FOR THE ROOM(S) AND BOARD. $65 per night. it's not like paying an entry fee to be in a meet or something like a regional camp, etc;

Jenny,
Your right. USAG pays for A camp, I clarified with the booster club. I guess if you make A camp you are part of the official Team.

again, USAG does not pay for camp. there is no entry fee like a meet. they will cover the $65 per night per room. BUT only 1 coach. more than 1 means someone other than USAG is paying.

Please clarify dunno. Of about 30+ gymnasts including my own, I have never known a parent, coach or booster to pay USAG for developmental camp aside from travel expenses. As I said, I do not know if any developmental campers have had travel expenses paid. What is inaccurate about my statement? I think you and I are saying exactly the same thing.

My daughter goes to the Developmental Camps and she and her coach only have to pay for their travel expense ... and their "Kroger stock up"! USAG covers all other costs of the camp. Just to clarify, I am referring to the Elite Developmental Camps and not the Developmental Invite Camps.

My remaining question is if Top A/B Campers now progress to the DIC when they are little (8yo & 9yo) or do some go straight to DC?

My daughter goes to the Developmental Camps and she and her coach only have to pay for their travel expense ... and their "Kroger stock up"! USAG covers all other costs of the camp. Just to clarify, I am referring to the Elite Developmental Camps and not the Developmental Invite Camps.
What is the difference between these two camps? My DD is at currently at EDC so what is DIC?

I believe DIC is a pay as you go camp for TOPS athletes . I think it is open to any kids who made national testing the previous year. I think they should be renamed people keep confusing the two.

someone is paying the $65.00 per night cabin fee. NOT USAG. that is covered only for National Team, juniors and seniors.

Thank you for confirming. That's what used to happen and I wondered if it had changed.

so much confusion with all these dang names. someone is paying the 'cabin fee'. it must be wrapped up in everyone's assessment fees. only the NT, juniors and seniors are free. and their travel is paid for including 1 coach. and 'free' includes the cabin fee which includes the food. well...food is an oxymoron in this instance. :)

someone is paying the $65.00 per night cabin fee. NOT USAG. that is covered only for National Team, juniors and seniors.
Our gym is truly not paying for any cabin fees for the developmental camps. USAG is indeed covering those costs. My daughter is on what they refer to as the "Developmental Team" so that may very well be the difference. I know there are a number of girls that seem to rotate through and are only there once or twice so perhaps those girls do have to pay for cabin fees as well as their travel.

I have to jump in here too. My dd goes to Developmental Camps, and we (and the gym) are responsible only for the travel to and from camp. We do not pay the cabin fees. As Mama Duck said, USAG is indeed covering these costs. I don't know if it is because of being named to the "Developmental Team." We did not pay these costs the first time dd attended - she was invited to the Developmental Team after that 1st camp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back