WAG Music ideas for 7 year old moving to optionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momofthreegirls

Coach
Proud Parent
My 7.5 year old DD needs to pick music for her level 6 floor routine. The gym allows girls to pick their own music (HC gives final approval). DD has no idea what she wants. She is by far the baby of the team (most of her teammates are middle school age) and I think she needs something cute but not too babyish.

She is small, with a long lean body type and has done well with the compulsory floor because the dance elements just seem to "fit" her well. She is a pretty powerful tumbler, but you would never guess it by looking at her. So any tempo music would work.

Thanks for any ideas. I would love to have a few different things for her to listen to get started on the process. After all these years of compulsory music, I think I am more excited than she is!

My dd was in the youngest age category for levels 7&8. Her routine for those two years was to the Muppets. It was fun and bouncy and suited her well. In fact, she wanted more dramatic music this year and her coach told her no, that she had to stay with cute and bouncy bc she's still little and can get away with it. She chose Elvis's bossa nova baby. It's still fun and bouncy, but not as little kiddish. I definitely think music should be age appropriate, and I think the judges like that, too.

A little girl last year had Hey Mickey for her music. It was really fun and bouncy. She also scored really well with it, like 9.5 or better every comp we saw her at!

The 'baby' in Pea's group is using the Wizard of Oz. We also have a girl who uses the angry birds song. I personally like the Madagascar instrumental as it's powerful but not too grown up.

My DD has used the Muppets and it was cute but I saw another young girl at the state meet do her floor routine to a polka song and it was fantastic - fun and upbeat

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back