WAG Floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

First year picking floor music and daughter really liked telephone by lady Gaga. We have never watched or listened to her songs so she just likes the beat and rhythm but many adults would probably recognize it. Would it be inappropriate to use that song for her floor music?

I'm not american, so I really can't judge how things are received over there. However, why would that song be inapropriate? Googling it I found "Telephone" represents Gaga's fear of not finding time for fun given the increasing pressure for her to work harder as an artist.". Is the music video controversial or something?

Also, honestly most songs that I hear anywhere are super inapropriate if you listen to the actual lyrics. I'm pretty sure even the Macarena is about a girl having sex with multiple guys who aren't her boyrfriend and we use that at kids parties (at least that's common where I'm from).

Sorry for a reply that's not really an answer, just an interesting thought I had. Genuininely curious why it'd be inapropriate though.

I think that would be great for a routine... Heck, my daughter is on her second year of using "Anaconda" for her floor music lol....of course its instrumental, but plenty of people recognize it. And the judges always seem to have big smiles :)

I'm not american, so I really can't judge how things are received over there. However, why would that song be inapropriate? Googling it I found "Telephone" represents Gaga's fear of not finding time for fun given the increasing pressure for her to work harder as an artist.". Is the music video controversial or something?

Also, honestly most songs that I hear anywhere are super inapropriate if you listen to the actual lyrics. I'm pretty sure even the Macarena is about a girl having sex with multiple guys who aren't her boyrfriend and we use that at kids parties (at least that's common where I'm from).

Sorry for a reply that's not really an answer, just an interesting thought I had. Genuininely curious why it'd be inapropriate though.
Thanks for your reply. The music video is a bit weird but as you said there are lots of songs with bad lyrics but we still use them (instrumental). We will use telephone then

I think that would be great for a routine... Heck, my daughter is on her second year of using "Anaconda" for her floor music lol....of course it’s instrumental, but plenty of people recognize it. And the judges always seem to have big smiles :)
Thanks! You boosted our confidence and we will use the song

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back