Parents social group for L8 and L9 parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Please add me. Thank you.

Hi,

You don't yet meet the CB requirements to join groups. All groups can set their own standards, but the minimum number of posts for any group membership is 30 posts. We can add you when you've met that minimum threshold.

Thanks

Hi,

You don't yet meet the CB requirements to join groups. All groups can set their own standards, but the minimum number of posts for any group membership is 30 posts. We can add you when you've met that minimum threshold.

Thanks

Just a clarification. The CB does not set any "required number of posts" for joining groups.

The "30 posts minimum" was made up by some member. It is not a CB rule and frankly I do not like it at all. I think it encourages fluff posts by new members to get in private groups.

Each private social group should set their own standards based on comfort levels within the group and privacy needs.

I don't have many posts, but if I can join I'd love a smaller group to talk to about some things with DD and gymnastics. She just finished a year as a level 8 and will be 8 or 9 next year depending how things go this summer. TIA!

Yes, I will add you. There are a lot of move ups happening right now, so we're excited to add some new members.

I will have a level 8 next season... new to this site don't know what a group is but would love to be added LOL!

I just want to vent a little about these social groups.... I've asked to join the hair social group and also the level 6/7 optional group and have been declined by the moderators for apparently not being active enough. I've been a member since 2011 and while I don't post all of the time, when I do I feel it's because I have something to add to the topic not just so I can increase my number of responses. It's just super frustrating because these are two areas I feel I could contribute to and I'm being blocked out because of a number. Here's a number: 6. That's the number of years my daughter has been on the competitive team.

I just want to vent a little about these social groups.... I've asked to join the hair social group and also the level 6/7 optional group and have been declined by the moderators for apparently not being active enough. I've been a member since 2011 and while I don't post all of the time, when I do I feel it's because I have something to add to the topic not just so I can increase my number of responses. It's just super frustrating because these are two areas I feel I could contribute to and I'm being blocked out because of a number. Here's a number: 6. That's the number of years my daughter has been on the competitive team.
I feel for you. I am also one that has been around a long time but does not choose to post on every thread, only those I feel a deep need or urge to(no deep thinking here, usually just a visceral reaction). I hope the moderators of said groups see your post and reconsider.

I'm sorry that you're upset. The social groups that I moderate vote and discuss standards. It's been my experience that the main reason others join is for the smaller setting and the standards that have been set are to limit lurkers. If you do not actively participate in the main boards, the consensus is that you would not be active in the social group. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

That does sound frustrating. But the smaller social groups are typically for those wanting more of a connection with people here on Chalkbucket. If you aren't posting then you aren't connecting. Posting on everything doesn't make sense, but it really only takes 10 seconds or so to post something supportive or encouraging.

I'm so excited to have a new L8 gymmie after a few years of struggle at old L6, new L5 and L7.! Can I please be added to the group?

I'm sorry that you're upset. The social groups that I moderate vote and discuss standards. It's been my experience that the main reason others join is for the smaller setting and the standards that have been set are to limit lurkers. If you do not actively participate in the main boards, the consensus is that you would not be active in the social group. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

So 47 posts is not enough? I guess this one is 48... Not enough yet?

This entire situation reminds me of those moms (you know who they are because every gym has them) that sit around the gym every practice and gossip about everything going on at the gym and otherwise. You make an attempt to be friendly, but the minute you come around, the conversation stops, you're given a polite smile, and the whispering continues the minute you walk away.

I guess I will continue to lurk away here on the public forums because I'm not good enough to join your social group.

So 47 posts is not enough? I guess this one is 48... Not enough yet?

This entire situation reminds me of those moms (you know who they are because every gym has them) that sit around the gym every practice and gossip about everything going on at the gym and otherwise. You make an attempt to be friendly, but the minute you come around, the conversation stops, you're given a polite smile, and the whispering continues the minute you walk away.

I guess I will continue to lurk away here on the public forums because I'm not good enough to join your social group.
Are you asking to join the L8/L9 social group? If not, you're posting in the wrong thread.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back