Parents social group for L8 and L9 parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So 47 posts is not enough? I guess this one is 48... Not enough yet?

This entire situation reminds me of those moms (you know who they are because every gym has them) that sit around the gym every practice and gossip about everything going on at the gym and otherwise. You make an attempt to be friendly, but the minute you come around, the conversation stops, you're given a polite smile, and the whispering continues the minute you walk away.

I guess I will continue to lurk away here on the public forums because I'm not good enough to join your social group.

I think you have misunderstood me. I was saying that you should be active in the social group that you are a part of. What you do on the main boards is up to you. But people in the smaller groups get to be very close and want everyone to participate. As with any situation in life - if you want to be part of a group you do need to participate. It is very difficult to carry on a one sided conversation. For a conversation to take place both parties need to communicate.

I think what she was saying is that she would post in those threads and that is why it is frustrating. Did I get that right? If not, my apologies.

Are you asking to join the L8/L9 social group? If not, you're posting in the wrong thread.

So any discussion not pertaining to L8/L9 social group is not welcome? I'm not the one who brought up the point of there being a particular number of responses needed in order to join a group. That WAS part of the discussion last time I checked and I did not initiate that thought. Although my gripe is with the L6/L7 group, it still pertains to the subject matter in this thread.

Are people still being added to the level 8/9 social group? If so, I would like to be added. My daughter will be competing level 8 this upcoming season. Just got the green light from the coaches last week at our parent/gymnast/coach conference meeting. Thanks!!

@veganmami perhaps you could start a new thread to discuss the social groups issues. This thread was supposed to be about joining the L8/9 groups.

As you know I do not like the 30 posts rule and I know some groups have used different criteria for joining.

The CB admins do not moderate the social groups, nor do they set the requirements for joining etc

Another option is to start a social group. There are quite a few that are more like a coffee klatch than gym forums. They can be lots of fun.

Last edited:
So any discussion not pertaining to L8/L9 social group is not welcome? I'm not the one who brought up the point of there being a particular number of responses needed in order to join a group. That WAS part of the discussion last time I checked and I did not initiate that thought. Although my gripe is with the L6/L7 group, it still pertains to the subject matter in this thread.
Not what I was saying at all. I was asking you "do you want to be added to the L8/L9 group?" -- that is the topic of this thread and I didn't want to miss anyone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back