MAG vault question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D has been working yurchenkos for level 9, but came home last night saying he wanted to do a front handspring onto the springboard, then fhs ft vault. Is that a vault? I don't think I have ever seen that.

Any advice on that one?

Currently it is not in the code and therefore an "illegal" vault. A few codes ago, I believe it was in the "vaults from a preparatory element" group. But for right now - cool, but worth nothing. Essentially, people tried it, found that the technique couldn't provide any more power than its analogous front or Yurchenko entry and it was discarded.

Thanks krc. I was wondering. I hope he lets go of his obsession with it soon.

Currently it is not in the code and therefore an "illegal" vault. A few codes ago, I believe it was in the "vaults from a preparatory element" group. But for right now - cool, but worth nothing. Essentially, people tried it, found that the technique couldn't provide any more power than its analogous front or Yurchenko entry and it was discarded.

He is quite bummed :( He is looking for "proof" and plans to check the book, because, waht could mom possibly know :( He was so excited to try this, and he hates vault! Hopefully he will get re-excited about a yurkchenko....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back