WAG Should I just back away or push her? Time crunch help!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So.... What happens at this last meet if she goes and does floor...maybe she goes for it being in a competition. And worst case, if she balks, well--as others have said she doesn't need a very high score to qualify states. Even if she omits the skill during the routine, she would still do well overall

Tell your kid get out there and do her floor. If she does the skill she does it; if she doesn't she doesn't. But the scratching nonsense when she is perfectly capable of a level 3 routine and not injured is silly. I mean, seriously, if she says she is ready to go and balks last minute it's not like the coach can do much about it....no one knows if her intent is to throw it or not. So if she says she's ready they have to "let" her do floor.

And like I said--being she IS capable of the skill maybe the performing in front of people nudges her into throwing it. I wouldn't say this if she couldn't do the skill but she can do it
This is not an appropriate strategy for dealing with this type of issue. It is dangerous and it goes against the coach. Those are two big risks that I don't think are worth taking just to compete a Level 3 meet.

To the original poster, the way this issue is handled will set a precedent for how these problems may be handled in the future, too. Please, do it right the first time and remove all of the stress you possibly can.

It will come in time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back