WAG Floor skill level question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since you are in the USA, which code of points?

Sari is correct for FIG. If you meant the USAG JO code, both the pike and layout are Bs while the the tuck is an A. Just to make things confusing... ;)

It could be used as a front pass in L7 - L10 (I think... I know I saw some in college meets), although it would not be common in L7.

I've seen it in a couple of level 8 routines. Level 7 usually shows the front handspring front punch. I think I remember it's because there are only two B's allowed in level 7 and the back layout is basically required to be one of them? Add to that the switch leap most gymnasts do and a front layout (and apparently a front pike) would be out of the picture.

Isn't 7 also the only level with a special requirement for a connected front tumbling pass?

In L7, they are required to do a MINIMUM of 2 B's. They can and often do compete more.
At the higher levels, it is about balance. They don't have a "front pass requirement" but they need to have some front and some back or they can be deducted.

Connecting skills does not actually increase in skill level (a,b,c, etc), but you are required in optionals to have a pass with at least 2 saltos, and then starting at L9 & 10 you earn bonuses for connecting skills of a certain difficulty level. So the front Lay front pike pass is a B + B and the front lay front tuck is a B + A.

In L7, they are required to do a MINIMUM of 2 B's. They can and often do compete more.
At the higher levels, it is about balance. They don't have a "front pass requirement" but they need to have some front and some back or they can be deducted.

I've yet a lot to learn. Thanks for clearing that up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back