WAG Xcel Platinum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Could you please let me know if these routines meet the requirements for xcel platinum and if not could you let me know what the start value would be!

Vault: 1/4 on 1/4 off
OR COULD SHE DO TSUK ENTRY ONTO MAT STACK? (like the level 6/7 vault)

Bars: Kip cast back hip circle, squat on, toe circle, jump to high bar, kip cast tucked flyaway

Beam: cartwheel swing through cartwheel, full turn, straight jump split jump, front tuck dismount
OR could she do a handstand forward roll instead of the cartwheel swing through cartwheel and still meet requirements?

Floor: Round off back tuck, front tuck front tuck, split leap wolf jump, full turn

OR could she do round off back tuck, front pike?

Vault: 9.7 SV I believe. The level 6/7 vault to mats is not an option, though a yurchenko timer may be done for a 9.7 SV.

Bars: Fine as long as one cast is above horizontal.

Beam: Missing a B. She could do the handstand forward roll in addition to the cartwheel series to fulfill the requirements for a B. The cartwheel series would need to be replaced by a flight element in order to fulfill the acro requirement.

Floor: original routine you posted is lacking a B. Second version would need an extra A somewhere I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230807-221303.png
    Screenshot_20230807-221303.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 54
Vault: 9.7 SV I believe. The level 6/7 vault to mats is not an option, though a yurchenko timer may be done for a 9.7 SV.

Bars: Fine as long as one cast is above horizontal.

Beam: Missing a B. She could do the handstand forward roll in addition to the cartwheel series to fulfill the requirements for a B. The cartwheel series would need to be replaced by a flight element in order to fulfill the acro requirement.

Floor: original routine you posted is lacking a B. Second version would need an extra A somewhere I believe.
What are some other options for floor passes? She doesn’t want to do a round off back handspring back tuck yet as it’s not very clean. The round of tuck is doable. Could she do a round off back handspring, round off tuck, and then front pike? So in total 3 passes?

3 passes would be fine, we've also just had kids do a round off tuck and front pike and then add a random cartwheel or split jump into choreography. Less deductions than a third pass. As I always say, though, routine composition is up to the coach.

3 passes would be fine, we've also just had kids do a round off tuck and front pike and then add a random cartwheel or split jump into choreography. Less deductions than a third pass. As I always say, though, routine composition is up to the coach.
ok cool. another question sorry- we thought the cartwheel series does fulfill requirements? is it not a B skill or did we need 2 B’s?

You need a B and you need either a series of two acro elements OR a flight element. Most flight elements are at least Bs so if you do a flight, you're good there. Cartwheels are A skills.

Our platinums are doing round off tuck and front pike, with a round off jump (like straddle) or round off tuck and front tuck, with a complicated leap or jump like switch leap of wolf 3/4

Our platinums are doing round off tuck and front pike, with a round off jump (like straddle) or round off tuck and front tuck, with a complicated leap or jump like switch leap of wolf 3/4
would a one and a half turn fulfill that instead of a complicated leap? leaps aren’t her thing

sorry, what is a toe circle in clear support? i thought you just circle around and catch the high bar?
Its like toe hand (toe on to handstand) but you can not completely go to handstand for clear support. Just like ending in clear support after a clear hip without going to handstand. I dont know if that made sense

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back