Kadee's Competition Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, she did very well for her first meet. She def. made her fair share of mistakes, and form breaks..ect. But all in all..she did pretty darn good.
The vault she got 9.4, 3rd place. The video of it isnt very good, a coach from another team was blocking most of it.
The bars she got 8.05, 4th place. Right before she starts her routine she told Ms. Karma not to help her, that she wanted to know that the scores she got in each was hers alone..and not because she got help. :p
The beam she got 8.4, 1st place. Poor baby..lmao. Ms. Karma talks to her before she goes on. Telling her that she has to swing her right leg over vrs her left. They had them doing it from the opposite end of the beam than she is used to practicing it at the gym. Well she mounted at the right end, just facing the wrong way...lol. She didnt let it fluster her, she just turned around and went on with the show. The coach gave her a big hug and a high five when she was done and told her how proud she was of her that she didnt let it bother her.
The floor she got 8.2, 8th place. This was her undoing sorta say. She missed her backwards roll...had to do it twice to get it. She didnt get her handstand. And the poor little critter was so worried about ending her routine at the same time the music ended that she just kinda stopped for a couple seconds. I thought she forgot something, but she said that she got ahead of her music..lol:rolleyes:

She ended up with an AA of 34.05, 4th place out of 19 L2s.:eek:

Oh, I noticed her "nervous tic" seems to be..she takes her thumb nails and rubs them on the back seam on the legs of her leo...so she is rubbing her thumb at the edge of her leo and hiney...lol. She did it every time while she was waiting to do each event. The only one you see it in the video in was floor...lol
So she did wonderful. I couldnt be happier for her. SHE LOVED IT.
Okay, hope I did this right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cnmwnF2GQI

Last edited:
So cute! I've never seen the level 2 routines... thanks for sharing. She did great!

Just adorable! Fun to watch the little ones! She sure knows how to salute at the end of her routines!

You have a coach who's real last name is Karma?? How funny.

Too darn cute! I am totally amazed at those teeny tiny ones with the guts to get out there and compete, never mind know all of the skills and memorize the routines! She did a great job for her first meet ever, hope she had a blast!

Thank you so much everyone. The gymnastics world is truely the only place where people know how hard what she is doing actually was for her to do. The only place where people can actually appreciate it all. And not nit pick it to death. People here are able to see if for what it is. Was she perfect, no. Did she make mistakes, yes. Was she the best L2 there, nope. But she was 4th out of 19. And thats pretty darn good. Mistakes and all, I am so proud of her. One thing that just tugged at my heart was (and this is her "wise soul" speaking) when Ms. Karma told us after the meet what Kadee said to her before bars about not helping her because she watned to know that the scores she got was because she earned them (good or bad) and not because Ms. Karma helped her.
I heard one of the other moms saying that L2s can be spotted and there is no deduction for that. Is that true? I know that Kadee did all hers by herself, but alot were getting spotted. On beam she got 1st with a 8.4. I assumed the other girls didnt get as high because they were getting spotted but this other mom said no. I mean, Kadee mounted the wrong and had bobbles and didnt legs high enough in the kicks and the one where she holds her leg straight out behind her (sorry still dont know the names of everything). The other girls hit all that, just with help. So Im confussed.
Anyway..Im babbling, again..lol.
Gym Law Mom, her coaches first name is Karma. It's pretty common in the south for little kids to refer to adults by Mr. or Ms. and their first name. Its still formal, but not too much..lol

WTG!!! hope she keeps up the good work. That is a great first meet score.

Way to go Kadee!!! She did great for her first meet. My dd is a level 1 and the coaches told us that they do take off if they have to have help(spot) on something. They will not help our girls on bars, but they will on beam. My dd was having a hard time standing up and the first couple of meets her coach helped her. She got low scores because of that, but has finally figured it out. I think Kadee did awesome. Can't wait to see how she improves over the rest of the season.

Monique

B 5 year old lvl 1 K rec gym

Again, thanks everyone. I do believe she has been bitten by the competition bug..lol. She was so excited after it was over. She was tickled pink that she got a trophy (they all got them). And she said when it was over. "Mommy did you hear? Everyone clapped for me."
As far as the spotting goes, thats what I thought. I know that alot of the other girls had a better routine, but were spotted in different parts on the beam. I guess thats why she got 1st on beam with her score was because the others got spots. She did hers all by herself without falls. Not saying her score was bad by any means.
Again, thank you, and she is looking forward to her next meet. Which is 2 hrs away. We havent gotten the schedule yet to see when her session will be but it the weekend of Jan 7th-9th.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back