Parents No medal for Puma Jr....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
States were today, and though there were no disasters and nothing below an 8, she is terribly disappointed to have not medaled. She did get her 9 on bars, a 9.025 that still only managed 14th place. Her age group was tough, it would have medaled in some of the other groups. I'm so proud of how far she's come this season though, and save the one vault in February where she landed on her butt (second vault was great that meet though!) she has stayed on all equipment, every time. I know that means a lot to her. Anyone I've shared video with knows that she's a different gymnast than 10 months ago, but she does still have a lot of work to do this summer. Trying to focus on the positive and looking forward to summer training! Thanks for everyone's support and good mojo in this crazy journey.

Disappointed to hear that she didn't medal... I feel bad :( Poor thing, she has worked so hard. But it's just going to make the medals she get in the future 10x more meaningful. I'm very excited to hear she got a 9 on bars - she has come so far from the muscled up kips!! Her hard work is paying off, even if it doesn't show via medals. It shows via scores!! How's she feel about her performance? I hope she isn't disappointed, she has grown tons as a gymnast and a girl this past year!

Shoot -- I'm sorry she didn't come home with at least one medal. It's tough sometimes to walk away empty handed. Been there though...we counted it as an opportunity for growth!! I hope she shakes it off quickly and can dig in to summer training. She's got a good bit of time to work things before next season. :)

Disappointed to hear that she didn't medal... I feel bad :( Poor thing, she has worked so hard. But it's just going to make the medals she get in the future 10x more meaningful. I'm very excited to hear she got a 9 on bars - she has come so far from the muscled up kips!! Her hard work is paying off, even if it doesn't show via medals. It shows via scores!! How's she feel about her performance? I hope she isn't disappointed, she has grown tons as a gymnast and a girl this past year!
Thank you. She held it together during awards, then we had a few tears, but then she pulled it together because we volunteered the other sessions. She handed out medals the very next session. I'm so proud of her...that must have been painful. I think she just needs to lick her wounds then back to work! It just sucks to see your kid so disappointed especially when she's worked so hard. But hopefully it will make her even stronger.

Sorry she didn't medal, but what a long way she has come. Bars can be so difficult, hitting that 9 is a big deal.

Sometimes with my DD it's better if we are busy right after a big dissapointment. Doesn't give her time to dwell. Sounds like it worked out well for you too.

Now is the exciting time of year, that should help keep her spirits up!

I'm so sorry to hear that. In our area, everyone gets at least an all around medal. If it weren't for that my dd would have had many a meet her first season with none at all either (she had a lot of form issues, etc back then.) I think our dd's are around the same age and those are always some of the toughest age groups! Big congrats on her getting that 9 on bars and she will only get better and better from here. Tell her to keep her chin up!

Omg she got TWO 9s on level 4 bars this season!!!!! That is TRULY a medal in itself...my child never did that in level 4!

This said, I know it is hard when she has come so far....would have truly been the icing on the cake in terms of improvement. Sorry it didn't happen, but if she keeps up the hard work, her odds will only increase this next year!

Darn! Onward and upward for Puma Jr. I'm sure all of the work she is putting in fine tuning things will pay off in the future, but still a disappointment now.

I'm so sorry to hear that. In our area, everyone gets at least an all around medal. If it weren't for that my dd would have had many a meet her first season with none at all either (she had a lot of form issues, etc back then.) I think our dd's are around the same age and those are always some of the toughest age groups! Big congrats on her getting that 9 on bars and she will only get better and better from here. Tell her to keep her chin up!
Well, they all did get a medal just for being there, but that certainly didn't count to 'ol Puma Jr....lol

Omg she got TWO 9s on level 4 bars this season!!!!! That is TRULY a medal in itself...my child never did that in level 4!

This said, I know it is hard when she has come so far....would have truly been the icing on the cake in terms of improvement. Sorry it didn't happen, but if she keeps up the hard work, her odds will only increase this next year!
She did! Thank you! :)

Shoot, was hoping she would get a medal. I looked at the scores from that session, holy crap those were some high scores! Those gyms are tough to beat. I hope she is proud of the progress she is making, but I know it is hard in the moment. She learned a lot about perseverance over the next year which will serve her well going forward.

That is so hard. My daughter struggled through level 4 bars but worked hard and got 9s as a level 5. Yours can do it! Mine just competed level 6 and had two meets where she didn't place on anything at all, including States. Coming in last place was tough to swallow but she's moved on and is working hard to do better next season.

Ah, we have been there... But way to go on the 9 on bars. I hope she has a great summer of training and remembers how far she has come.

That is so hard. My daughter struggled through level 4 bars but worked hard and got 9s as a level 5. Yours can do it! Mine just competed level 6 and had two meets where she didn't place on anything at all, including States. Coming in last place was tough to swallow but she's moved on and is working hard to do better next season.
I'm super happy she didn't come in last on anything, but she certainly did in the beginning of the season and it was awful. Good luck to your DD this summer!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back