What do you think of the new routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CoachGoofy

I've been doing judging tests this weekend (and have been coaching our kids since...well since forever and ever) so I've been spending lots. and. lots of time focusing on the new routines.

What do y'all think of them? I think I like them:

-I like that there is no getting around learning a spotter back tuck if they want to get past level 6 on DM
-I like that L5 trampoline starts with a back tuck
-I LOVE the cruise in L7 (and that there's less rush to do a back straight)
-I also love that they don't compete a barani tuck until after a season of barani pikes

I am not sure how I feel about getting rid of a jump full turn as a DM skill, but as far as safety goes I see it. And it's still required on trampoline so I will live. I will probably also never be a fan of seat drop-doggy drop-anything as anything but a drill, but the levels in which it is competed are not required or even frequently competed so, again, shall live.

....and I don't know the new L1-3 tumbling passes. I do like the change to level 4 though. I'd rather have them learn to convert both a run and a power hurdle to a roundoff backhandspring than do powerhurdle 1 & powerhurdle 2, developmentally....

Most of them are cool and don't really effect me except now that level 6 tumbling is now power hurdle 6 instead of running 6 not a fan of that!

I love the power hurdle 6...but I am a stickler for strong backhandspring technique (and strong power hurdles). I'm The Mean Coach that way...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back