WAG What is the purpose of doing this type of cast to handstand (optionals)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd does a cast to handstand on bars. but her teammates all do a cast straddle then bring their legs together at the top of the bar, what is the purpose of them doing that? What is the difference?

It's a lot easier for many people to straddle up, because a straight body casts require a lot of strength, especially if you are taller. I think it's actually technically harder though...there's a lot more to think about.

Dd says its easier to do the straddle in terms of balance as well. And she says that girls who do the straddle are able to get their cast hs faster than those doing straight body cast - strength, balance, coordination. She has had her straddle cast hs for almost a yr and is now perfecting her straight body cast hs. I never understood why they went with a straddle b/c she didn't need it at her level, but she said it was good for learning balance and confidence while perfecting the straight body cast.

whichever they can do the best, with the least amount of deductions. they're both the same.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back