Why??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just can't seem to quit. Although it makes perfect sense now, since I made the honors choir at school, am taking piano lessons, run cross country, and am going to be a jr. in high school that I would quit gymnastics, but I just can't! I can't put my finger on what it is about it, but I just love it so much.

I've been having fear issues with a lot of the skills I need for next season (cartwheel on high beam, full turn on high beam, squat-on on bars), but I'm still not happy unless I'm doing gymnastics. Can anyone else relate? Sometimes I feel like I'm too old, too busy, unable to improve, or it's too expensive....but I just can't quit!!! UGH! Can anyone relate? Am I totally illogical and crazy for wanting to continue?

no. cause once it gets in your blood there is no way to get gymnastics out. not even dialysis.:)

YES!!! I mean, no, you're not insane, but yes, I can definitely relate. There are times (including right now) when I hate the class, I am having problems with my coach, bad fear issues, can't get the skills no matter how hard I try, I am super frustrated, and have a bunch of injuries. But if I skip one week of practice, I go nuts until the next week when I can do gymnastics again. I kinda want to quit, but at the same time, I can't quit. I hate when this happens.

Well I'm glad people agree with me..

I guess I'm going to continue, because it's physically and emotionally impossible for me to quit.
I am going to have to work really hard to fit it in my schedule though.

Well I'm glad people agree with me, and I'm not totally insane!

I guess I'm going to continue, because it's physically and emotionally impossible for me to quit.
I am going to have to work really hard to fit it in my schedule though.

Yes, it is addictive because it is THE best sport there is! :) That's why most of us coaches coach. (not for the big bucks- lol.) Glad you're staying in it. Have fun and enjoy your last couple years. You're only young once.

I feel the same way. I'm going to be a freshman next school year, and I don't have any study halls to get my homework done at school. I am going to be in the orchestra and in the competitive science club that meets every Saturday. I will be going to ballet 3 days a week, 7 or so hours total, and my ballet studio is an hour drive away from where I live. I will most likely be going to gymnastics 3 days a week for 3 hours each class. I have already quit Art Club and another club due to conflicts with my sports and other activities. On top of all that, I will still have homework to do, tests to study for, and chores to do. And I am having tons of fear issues, including front tuck on floor, back tuck on floor, handstand on beam, and long hand pullover. But I can't quit gymnastics or ballet!!! I love both sports too much to ever quit. ♥

Yepp agreed! I'm only barely training level 8 so I'm not that good but it's my favorite thing in the ENTIRE world. I could easily graduate a year early and I really want to..except that I can't just leave gym a year early. And when I grow up I just want to coach :))

I hear ya :)
I have major fear issues on beam, and with the squat on on bars, so I'll probably never get out of excel bronze, but I NEED TO DO GYMNASTICS or I will go insane :) It's true.

Whoa! We are having trouble with the same exact things! I can't get my squat on, though other than that bars is going pretty well for me. Beam--not at all. Especially cartwheels and back walkovers. I only do gymnastics 3 hours per week, so getting away from the gym is a really tough thing for me to go through.

It really depends how much time you put into the sport. If you compete and are spending hours per week training but want to quit, it probably isn't worth it and you should try to find a less demanding class schedule that will make it easier for you to do everything that you love and not just stick to gymnastics.

I can totally relate! You have to leave gymnastics before you realize exactly how much you truly love it. Also, I agree with dunno, once gymnastics gets in your blood, you cant get it out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back