Coaches Xcel Program questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jasmynn

Coach
Proud Parent
Hello fellow coaches, We are starting a new xcel program that I am in charge of.
I am having trouble finding information online.
1. Where can I find the beam height requirements?
2. Do most gyms have the same song/routines (according to skill level) for each xcel level, or do most gyms give each gymnast their own routine/song?
3. Is there a specific number of allowable practice hours per week, or can they practice as many hours as we want?
4. On bars, is back hip circle considered a (circle skill)?

Thanks in advance!

1. Beam, bars and vault, can be any height that equipment is designed to be adjusted to by the manufacturer
2. Most gyms in my area have their bronzes and silvers do same routine(makes it easier since they practice shorter hours) and gold and up will have their own routines
3. No limit for hours
4. Yes, back hip is a circling skill

1. Beam, bars and vault, can be any height that equipment is designed to be adjusted to by the manufacturer
2. Most gyms in my area have their bronzes and silvers do same routine(makes it easier since they practice shorter hours) and gold and up will have their own routines
3. No limit for hours
4. Yes, back hip is a circling skill

This^^^

1. The beam needs to be tall enough that their feet (with pointed toes) do not hit the mats when sitting on the beam. I only say this because our crank beam can be cranked down to 18 inches and there is not one girl on our team that this would be appropriate for.
AND it shouldn't be so tall that it is over the gymnast's head (we have a teeny, tiny 8 year old, L3 - so not Xcel... but still, and when the high school girls have been on beam, she can walk UNDER the beam without ducking ... she has tried to only crank it down to her head height and do her routine - it didn't work).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back