Off Topic 14th birthday:Used mat or makeup? Answer fast! Its tomorrow morning!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
From my parents I still have one big gift. Should I buy a used landing mat or spend $150 on MAC and Sephora makeup and perfume? I already got all the clothes I need from VS and scheels from my grandma so I don't need clothes. I'm getting into make up and as a back up plan would spend birthday money on that. I honestly think I would use the mat quite a bit. My friends and I tumble in the grass but can't do more than a round off because I'm afraid of injuries! The mat is 8ft by 12ft by 4in. And was posted for $250 used but they accepted my offer of $150! It isn't a done deal though until tomorrow morning. What would you do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

Well maybe see if they would lower it a bit more and use the rest on makeup? Are you a gymnast? If so what level are you?

Makeup. Leave the gymnastics in the gym. If you're still unsure, ask your coach what he/she thinks about getting a mat to tumble in the backyard...... My gymnasts would get a "NO TUMBLING OUTSIDE OF THE GYM!" :)

The mat. If you discover later on that you don't use it then you can sell it to someone else and use that money to buy the make up if you're still into make-up.

Look at this way...the mat will make a lot of memories, and will last for awhile.(more than a year or two!) Whereas the makeup will last for a year. When you get older,what will you tell the kids about? How much makeup or how much fun you had with the mat.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

And I didn't mean I'd spend it all on make up. I'd use maybe $50 of it on make up.

I would totally get the makeup over a mat. I need makeup a lot more than I could use a mat for anything. Really. :rolleyes:

Then again, if your cartwheel or backward roll or bridge kickover isn't good on floor, get a mat. I'm not a big fan of gymnasts needing a mat at home for any of these skills but training is more useful than makeup IMO.

I spent $75 at sephora today! The mat was in a part of a huge city where violence is a huge thing. My parents wouldn't let me go in there.

my thoughts are that is you are torn between the two - get the make up.

If a mat is not your instant, no discussion first and only choice then you aren't going to use it.

CL isn't worth sketchy deals, ever. Especially if you are a girl.

That mat is what we call a 4"er. Basically it's just a landing mat typically used for landing dismounts. It really wouldn't be good for much of anything you would use it for. And you would need a truck to get it anyways.

If anything one of those foldable mats that are 5 or 6 layers.

I spent part of it on makeup. I now have $80 and sold my drum set on craigslist for $300 I'm putting towards my car.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back