Parents 6 year old Level 4 struggling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If it makes you feel any better, my 9yo L4 cannot do the mill circle either.

I am really starting to hate this skill lol. It really does just seem pointless. The other day my dd said to me.."mom I think I can do Level 5 bars". LOL - she really wants to get away from that mill circle. The sad thing is that I think if she could do anything on Level 5, it WOULD be the bars. She can do the cast to squat on thingy. They took a break from L4 a month or two ago and were working advanced skills on the bars and she picked it up super quick. Weren't allowed to try and actually jump to the high bar yet though.

"Cast to squat thingy" is a squat-on and it was the bane of my daughter's gymnastics existance (and mine) all through level 5 and 6. I'd take a squat-on over a mill circle any day. She'll need that forever. She'll need the mill circle never (except right now).

My daughter didn't start team until she was 9 years old/level 5. Before that, she did the once a week hour/hour 1/2 rec class! Why? Because I didn't want it to consume her life (or mine) and I felt like it was important for her to just have fun and be a kid.

Four years later, she is 13 and Level 8. She's doing great and loves the sport. I look at our level 3 and 4 teams and I"m amazed to see 15 or so girls on those teams. Level 8 has 9 girls....they weed themselves out over the years!

I guess what my advice is don't let it take over your life now. If you are this worried now, you will be over the edge by Level 8! Relax and let her have fun.

Next year, they can do the mill circle with straight legs OR a single leg basket swing with straight legs!

what *is* a single leg basket swing? I have googled it; but haven't found any videos and can't imagine what it even is...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back