WAG AAU?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Looks like your gymmie is set to compete in her first USAG J.O. meet! FOA is listed on TX USAG website, but not listed on TAAF. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

You are so much better than the navigation of this. I am confused and I am just going to wait till the coach and owner I am used to dealing with come back on Monday because I don't want to say anything no knowing what I am talking about. But that is the first one we have Paid for and whoa............... she is nervous, we are nervous. We have gone and watched other meets that her coach has coached but this will be the first where she actually competes and we are beside ourselves, but hopefully coach will clear up the confusion, I just don't want to put my foot in my mouth.

We will be at Metroplex Challenge that weekend. I think we talked about that meet before. You should try to make it to the NCAA meet that Saturday night. Your gymmie will LOVE it!!

She will not be competing but has shown some interest in watching this one and we have some friends in the area, so if Dad can get off work I will let you know!!!! Mom cannot drive so Dad has to be off work for something in the metroplex :)

Our old gym competed AAU at the compulsory levels, I believe largely because of the way they do awards. Their groupings for awards are different then USAG and they medal all the way out for AA and 50%+1 for events. Overall, the way they do awards makes it easier for girls to medal, which is nice for the confidence of young/new gymnasts. It was great for my 6 year old level 3 last season who wasn't the best little gymnast but she was decent (had all her skills just not super pretty) and was/is a tremendously hard worker. Not sure she would have ever medaled competing USAG which would have gotten old for her by the third or fourth meet. A cross country move has put us at a USAG only gym now and they are really working her on form and cleaning up her skills. I think it's great for her now but I'm glad she was able to get her feet wet with AAU.

I feel you. We are at the same place, She has all the skills for this level and the next and also a bunch for the one after that, from what I understand. BUT there are some form (I think that is the right term) issues that I have in my head as "making it prettier". Hand placement, something with blocking (vault which I do not understand at all I think they are good to make it over that thing), and though she has "vertical" stuff on bars coach is working on "the wobble" as they call it, if that makes sense. Beam is by far her best and some stuff that she is "working" on floor magically becomes awesome when she is on Beam, which confuses the heck out of me but whatever, lol.

NCAA meets are a ton of fun. My girls and I went to all of University of Florida's meets last season and now that we have moved we are planning on going to a couple of UCLA meets this season. We are looking forward to checking out a new team but we already miss our Gators :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back