Advice from parents or coaches please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In my opinion, I wouldn't move clubs because of this! Listen to the coaches, how successful is your club at compulsory level? Do they have many kids that go to national finals from compulsory's? Although your oldest DD has been put in club route, this could be better for her, you can still go to national finals in club route and if she does well at national finals she can still get into South west squad (we have had gymnasts do this who did well at national finals club route and get into south west squad and train along side the compulsory kids) once the your kids name is out there and the big coaches such as Liz Kincaid know her name she will have lots of opportunities! I definitely wouldn't say not doing compulsory's a bad thing if anything it's probably better and she can do better at club level! You'd rather have a kid be known for doing fab at club grades than being known for not doing very well at compulsory's (not saying she isn't going to do well though) :) just my and my clubs opinion :)

Oh and for grade 1- if you have done compulsory 1 and passed you then do the British in December, if you do national grade 1 you then do challenge cup (although you can do this at any national grade once you are 12 years old and are ready to do it) and regional club grade 1 I'm not 100% sure but I think you would then go onto national club grades but not sure about that one :)

My oldest (11 in two weeks) doesn't seems to be interested in boys and she doesn't care about make up, her main loves are reading, writing, gymnastics and toon town. Dd has signed up to a leadership program in the gym that they can do from 11 years old, they get the chance to help at comps, learn a bit about coaching, assisting the coach and helping out in the gym, hopefully that will keep her busy and her mind off the B word lol.

Going back to grades, there seems to be quite a while before the young elite development group girls can compete if they are on the compulsory route, it now starts at 9 unless they do the two club grades first.

Thanks coach1234, that is really useful to know. I think I'll just go with the flow and just see what happens. I guess my girls love gym and that is the main thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back