Alpha factor, Wiltshire

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hmm. Our gym went last year and used it as a practice run for the voluntaries, but no-one's mentioned it this year. Maybe just the older one's are going, or maybe there's a bit too much other stuff going on. So I guess not!

Entries have been finalised, didn't see your club listed - certainly in the lower levels, better get my ticket sorted

It is this weekend or next? I haven't been for years but I used to really enjoy going.

Just seen the schedule- there's a few youngsters I "follow" or know/know of so am looking forward to the results :)

Interested that there's a girl who won the junior challenge year before last, she entered the british I think but didn't compete- but she's only doing level 2 here. I was under the impression you couldn't go back a level?

Just seen the schedule- there's a few youngsters I "follow" or know/know of so am looking forward to the results :)

Interested that there's a girl who won the junior challenge year before last, she entered the british I think but didn't compete- but she's only doing level 2 here. I was under the impression you couldn't go back a level?

hmmm, maybe she has had dispensation ? It seems very well run

I'm not sure how that works, but my 'understanding' is that once you have qualified elite you enter the British champs. If you don't score well enough or compete the following year you are relegated back to have to compete challenge again in order to re-gain your place.
So i guess if she was level 2, then did challenge but never competed at a national level as elite she would be relegated back to being a level 2 for competition purposes? Otherwise what could she compete, as she is no longer qualified to compete fig? Next step might be to try and pass level 1.
There were a couple of girls at dd's gym who had been elite to junior or espoir level but were training in the challenge cup group because they hadn't competed or scored well enough, due to exams or injury and were going to have to re-qualify. I think they both gave up though.

Good luck to your daughter Margo :)

Thanks - my main worry is that her bestie from gym, who normally competes an age group below her is in her group (9's and 10's are together) Gawd help us if she beats her. I have spoken about it to her and explained that the only acceptable reaction is a hug and well done. I just hope her competitive instincts can be reigned in.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how that works, but my 'understanding' is that once you have qualified elite you enter the British champs. If you don't score well enough or compete the following year you are relegated back to have to compete challenge again in order to re-gain your place.
So i guess if she was level 2, then did challenge but never competed at a national level as elite she would be relegated back to being a level 2 for competition purposes? Otherwise what could she compete, as she is no longer qualified to compete fig? Next step might be to try and pass level 1.
There were a couple of girls at dd's gym who had been elite to junior or espoir level but were training in the challenge cup group because they hadn't competed or scored well enough, due to exams or injury and were going to have to re-qualify. I think they both gave up though.

Good luck to your daughter Margo :)

I *think* also that obtaining the qualifying score does not mean you have to step up to the British. I think you can stay challenge if you want.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back