WAG Ankle strengthening?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinkos98

Gymnast
So in March I fractured my left ankle by rolling it, then around 2.5 weeks ago I minor-ly sprained my right ankle in phys. ed by rolling it. It finally felt better today and I was on tumble track during practice and I rolled my right ankle again. My coach told me to do a lot of toe raises and gave me a couple of other exercises. Does anyone have other exercises I can do in order to strengthen my ankles? Also, what do you/ your dd do after rolling an ankle as far as practice/ other activities?

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

Work range of motion to get any swelling out of it: one easy exercise is to "write" the alphabet using your toes as a "pencil". Do upper case and lower case. By doing this, you get good range of motion in all directions.

My DD was very recently seeing a sports medicine doctor and a physical therapist for issues with one of her ankles. The physical therapist had us get one of those exercise rubberbands and use it to do stretching exercises. The doctor also had her standing on one leg while passing a ball from hand to hand around her body....all to strengthen that ankle.

I use therabands. Start off with the lightest one then move up. I wrap it over my toes point and flex , push down with a pointed ankle but flexed toes and also pull the foot while trying not to let it go inward if that makes sense. You can get them at most stores. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back