Parents Anyone get Summer Schedules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are your child's summer workout hours? Select level and number of hours.

• Compulsory - 9 hours/week and under

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Compulsory - 10 hours/week and up

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Optional - 12 hours/week and under

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Optional - 13 - 16 hours/week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Optional - 17 - 20 hours/week

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Optional - 21 - 24 hours/week

• Optional - 25 hours/week and up

• Elite - 30 hours/week and under

• Elite - 31 hours/week and up

• Total voters
Ours pretty much stays the same year to year give or take a little.
I will have a lvl 7 who is 8-12 m-f and a lvl 4 that will be m/w/f 9-1

For the first year in 8 years I have no summer gym! Youngest might go one day a week for fun. Also no sleep away gym camp for the first year in 7 years. I cannot imagine what I will do with the free time and money ;).

I am jealous Bog!

I've tried to bribe my DD with a big trip if she hang up her leo, she won't do it!

Our gym has decided not to change schedules this summer. TThF 4-7. Some girls will be offered extra hours, but why that is or who they will be offered to has not been disclosed. :confused:

Beth got hers several weeks ago (her one HC that does the schedules is really good about getting things out well in advance!). She'll be going Mon through Fri 8:30-1!

Surprisingly yes!!! Our old gym used to wait until the last minute. Drove me bonkers!

DD's schedule for Level 6 is:

Mon, Tue 4-8p, Wed 3-7p, Fri 3:30-7:30. Actually glad that it's Friday night instead of Thursday since I work Weekend nights. This way on Thursdays we can go to the beach or whatever with no rush to get back. The new schedule starts June 1st (a week before school gets out). If can't make it on time that week due to school, they get a pass. After that of course, they must be there on time which is actually 15 minutes early for pre-workout. Hope everyone gets they're schedule soon!

My oldest will go M/W/F from 8:30 to 1:30. I like it - leaves the afternoons and evenings free, and DD won't get into the bad habit of sleeping in really late during the summer.

My little ones will go W from 9-11. We will actually be doing less driving to and from the gym during the summer since everyone is on the same day. :)

Our summer schedule is awful...and God forbid if you worK!...Monday through Friday 8 am until 3 pm ("short break for lunch") and Saturdays "only" 8 til 1 pm...we live over a hour from gym and with commuter traffic in the morning, this will be an absolute nightmare...last year we started at 9 am and were leaving the house by 7...I don't even want to think of how early we will have to leave this summer...stinks because the kids can't ever sleep in during their summer "off"..I would prefer to either stay with the regular hours or at least have an evening or two as opposed to 6 early mornings...

Wow Bookworm don't like those hours at all. It is very hard for summer schedules when you are a working household. I wish I could be a stay at home mom but don't have the money for that.

OMG, Bookworm! Those are incredibly long hours--sheesh! Are the kids not allowed to have a summer at all??

OMG, Bookworm! Those are incredibly long hours--sheesh! Are the kids not allowed to have a summer at all??

According to their coaches, this IS their summer...working out all the time and of course they say "well they have Sundays off" ( gee thanks) ...I will have her take a day off a week for a few reasons, my sanity and hers! I think she needs a day off to just rest her body and sleep in and hang out. The commute will be so horrible this summer I will need the day off during the week for that reason alone!

We are very excited with our summer schedule. Normally my DD goes 8-12:30 M-F and sat 8-12. This summer she will go a few hours less and have saturdays free:) Summer schedule M-F 8-1.

My dd will go M-Th 2:00-5:30, which works for me, and doesn't conflict with the other kids' schedules. She doesn't like it because all of her friends are at the pool at that time. Next summer, barring injury and other unforseen circumstances, she will get the 8:00- 11:30 spot, so she can enjoy her social life as well as gym.

we havent gotten ours out yet since it will be hard because my coach is due in the first wekks of june with twins. but we might stay at nights 4-8 and might have a day of 3-7 and maybe one day of morning practices

Our summer schedule is awful...and God forbid if you worK!...Monday through Friday 8 am until 3 pm ("short break for lunch") and Saturdays "only" 8 til 1 pm....

OMG that is 40 hours a week!!!!!!!! I think I would have schedule lots of mental health days for my dd if we had that kind of schedule. I hope it doesn't stress you or you dd out too much.

We got ours emailed to us on Friday and it starts in a week and a half. And yes, hours/days changed, and yes, they overlap with other activities already on the schedule. I'm not sure why they didn't wait until summer to actually make the change, especially since one of our conflicts is dance and AB takes that at the same place she takes gym. On a little bit of a sad note, AB didn't get asked to move to level 5 so she is a little bummed. I'm a little bummed because I know for her another year of level 4 isn't the best solution. She has had all the level 4 skills for 2 years, but doesn't score high, because of technique. Our gym doesn't uptrain at all, so now she will be stuck working her single back handspring for another year (even though she can do many), and working on her mill circle, and not ever gettting to attempt a kip. UGH!

well daughters summer schedule will be the same if she decides to continue with gymnastics Monday thru Friday 8-1230 except wensday is evening practice. I do not think it is bad compared to other gyms. She can still go swimming and do stuff after practice and weekends are free. But I still think it tends to be a lot waking up that early all summer I really think daughter and the other girls get tired getting up early everyday. This will be daughters 4th year of this schedule I give the girls credit who do this schedule year after year. I wish they had more than a week off or only went 4 days. I daughter decides she is done with gym I will let her join the swim team at our club with her sister they practice everyday Monday to Friday but the 3rd week in july they are done. It gives then a month off to relax before school starts. I do think the long hours in the summer help the gymnasts but I also think it leads to burn out. I am sure my daughter is considering the commitment she has to make in the summer in her decision to continue and I am pretty sure it that it is not in her mind one of the positives of continuing with the sport.

OMG that is 40 hours a week!!!!!!!! I think I would have schedule lots of mental health days for my dd if we had that kind of schedule. I hope it doesn't stress you or you dd out too much.

Our coaches consider it to be 30+ hours because the girls DO take a short break for lunch (??!!)...it's total craziness, I know. It doesn't stress me out like it used to years back because I now just say to the coach, "we're not coming on X day or days" and be done with it....if I was worried about the coaches' response, I might stress but I'm not, so I don't....

Our coaches consider it to be 30+ hours because the girls DO take a short break for lunch (??!!)...it's total craziness, I know. It doesn't stress me out like it used to years back because I now just say to the coach, "we're not coming on X day or days" and be done with it....if I was worried about the coaches' response, I might stress but I'm not, so I don't....
I just have to ask... What level is your DD? I am so grateful that DD's gym does not believe in those kinds of hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back