anyone heard about the 2011 world Gymnaestrada

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

jes.the.gymnast

PHP:
my club found out today that we've been chosen to represent australia, along with allot of other teams at the 2011 world gymnastics strata :D :D it's being held in switzerland in july 2011.

anyone else going or heard about it?
i'm sooo excited!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link :D i'm actually not coaching this one though, this is where i let my skills shine through. my group is sports acro, i coach wag

It looks like fun -- but I'm not getting the whole Gymnastics part of it? The website has limited info, and it looks like lots of ceremony...but what are the gymnastic events? Is this "sport" / FIG gymnastics, or more like a gymnastics "showcase" so to speak?

Just curious.

Exciting opportunity for any gym though...congrats!

Different countries send teams to demonstrate different aspects of gym. It's basically a world summit of gymnastics presentations.

Check out these various submissions. youtube gymnaestrada - Google Videos#

I have heard that this is such a great experience for all the participants, just another way of keeping gym alive.

yeh i've heard the same thing. as far as i know its a way of each country showing off their best groups from each type of gym sport. My club is being sent for display gymnastics and acrobatics and i know other clubs who have been picked for incorporating circus skills into routines, so pretty much just showing off anything to do with gym :D

The World Gymnaestrada is the largest general gymnastics exhibition. It is held every four years much like the Olympics. But the focus of this event is not on winning medals. The Gymnaestrada is about Group Performances - some with hundreds or even thousands of participants. Adults and children of every age and description perform. Countries from around the world come together to showcase their talent and the culture of their various countries. The choreography is designed both to challenge the participants and to delight audiences. Routines are performed at various venues within the host country. Large group routines are known as “Mass Routinesâ€￾ which are comprised of hundreds of gymnasts. The Mass Routines are often performed in large stadiums where spectators can take in routines performed by gymnasts from all over the world. The name Gymnaestrada is formed from the words Gymnastik - Estrada - Strada. It is believed to have been invented by J H Sommer, Chairman of the Royal Dutch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back