Anything to help RO BHS BHS?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Can anyone recommend anything at all to help with my daughter's RO BHS BHS? She has a very lovely L5 floor routine but just cannot clean the BHS up...she either has bent legs or legs way apart or both. No matter what she does, she cannot do the BHS with legs straight and together! If she gets them together, she falls on her head. If she gets them straight, she has them way far apart. The first BHS looks worse than the second, she can pull her legs together at the last second when she lands the second one.

Any advice, stretching, exercises, magic spells, etc, are appreciated! She has 8 weeks until her first L5 meet.

I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. My DD is in the same boat and she has less than 2 weeks to the first meet. She is also struggling with the front handspring. She can not get her feet together on that either. If she tries, she lands on her butt. I imagine that it will improve as the season goes on, but I think there will be a whole lot of "ugly" in those first couple of meets. LOL

I feel your pain! Alex had the same issue last year with her ROBHS in level 4. She practiced alot at home on our trampoline with a stuffed animal between her legs so she had to keep her legs together or the stuffed animal would fall. Maybe she could try that at the gym with a foam square from the pit?

I'm gonna guess that her snapdown out of the first round-off isn't powerful enough as it is out of the first backhandspring but the second gets aided by the amount of backward momentum she has generated by that time.

I'm gonna guess that her snapdown out of the first round-off isn't powerful enough as it is out of the first backhandspring but the second gets aided by the amount of backward momentum she has generated by that time.

Yes! I would say your guess is 100% right. Do you know of anything she can do to work on this?

I feel your pain! Alex had the same issue last year with her ROBHS in level 4. She practiced alot at home on our trampoline with a stuffed animal between her legs so she had to keep her legs together or the stuffed animal would fall. Maybe she could try that at the gym with a foam square from the pit?

We do have a trampoline so yes, maybe I will see if she will try that!:) Thanks!

At gym, it would best to work on either the bent or straddle legs, one at a time. Many gymnasts straddle in the air but their feet land together on the floor. I don't have any quick fixes for bent legs.

For the handstand snapdown, V-up or Hanging Leg lift strength. Anything to work the upper body to have a stronger block off the floor.

It was a guess really based on the fact her 2nd BHS is better than her first.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back